Gaming Battery drain 5.50GenB

mcp2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Since switching to 5.50GENB my battery lasts two days max, normal play. On M33 it lasted for a week. Any tips? I'm using powersaver plugin but still nothing.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had a battery last for more than 8hrs, even with sound off/lowered and that was with the basic psp slim battery, not the upgraded one. So 2days sounds about right. But the fully draining and charging shouldnt be a problem with batteries now adays, that was an older issue, but maybe sony is using poop-tastic products.

Wynd

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
I've never had a battery last for more than 8hrs, even with sound off/lowered and that was with the basic psp slim battery, not the upgraded one. So 2days sounds about right. But the fully draining and charging shouldnt be a problem with batteries now adays, that was an older issue, but maybe sony is using poop-tastic products.

Wynd

I think draining to 0 and recharging is calibration process for nikel based batteries (not sure) and I believe NDS and PSP uses Lithium. I think with Lithium, the case was that it's better to charge it whenever you can and not at empty.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Put your clock speeds back to default?

(Although firmware should be equivalent in terms of charge life if you're having issues just go back to 5.00M33-6? No reason not to now)

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, before battery life is small if you have a default battery, and even then the other batteries may give an extra 50minutes to 2hrs.

5.00 M33 PHAT ran at 8hrs with min. sound (traded PHAT, after creating pandora battery for SLIM hacking, then bought a SLIM)

5.50GenB2 Slim ran at 7.5hrs with min. sound

Wynd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1