Batman Arkham City made my computer cry

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Ben_j, Dec 3, 2011.

Dec 3, 2011
  1. Ben_j
    OP

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    The day has come ! Batman Arkham City is the first game that made my computer show its limits. Like with every other game, I maxxed everything and assumed it would run fine, but I get an average of 18fps. I lowered some stuff in the parameters and still only gets an average of 30fps with major framerate fallings on some scenes of the performance test.

My computer :
    i7 2600k
    nVidia 570GTX
    8GB Ram

Anybody knows what will most significantly increase the fluidity without making the game too ugly ?

2. murkurie

Member murkurie GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Turn off Direct X 11, rocksteady has admitted it isn't working,
    http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/10585-PC-DirectX-11-Issues-Please-Read

3. romeoondaline

Member romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well i know that when the game first came out it was lagging right from the START until they game out with a patch, my friend has similar specs on his computer and his lags every now and then. So it's not your computer it's the game.

4. Santee

Member Santee Jalapeño

United States
    Same here I get like 10fps with DX11 on, but when I turn it off I get an average of 45fps.

5. Ben_j
    OP

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    cool, I will try this out thanks. They could have added the graphics parameters directly in the game. It's lame to have to quit the game, change the params then run it again to test

6. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Game doesn't even work for me in DX11. With it turned off though, the benchmark averaged 46fps max everything for me (was getting 57, but the last city scene killed it)

AMD Phenom II X4 overclocked to 3.6ghz
    EVGA GeForce GTX560Ti Superclocked
    3x 2gb DDR3 RAM.