Batman: Arkham Asylum - New Game

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Aug 12, 2008.

Aug 12, 2008
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200808/....1226.23309.htm

Game Informer subscribers are in for a real treat this month. We’re proud to bring you the world-exclusive first look at Batman: Arkham Asylum from Rocksteady Studios and Eidos. This completely original title explores Gotham City’s darkest location, the infamous Arkham Asylum. But as a routine prison transfer goes wrong, the Joker sets his demented plan into action and Batman comes face to face with an army of his worst enemies. In a dark and gritty setting reminiscent of Bioshock (with a story co-written by Paul Dini), Arkham Asylum is setting the stage for a true-to-character Batman game. Stay tuned to Game Informer Online as well because Unlimited readers will get screenshots, interviews and more for our cover story plus other great content on Aug 18.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another Batman game, and it sounds like it could be sticking closely to the comics! I hope that it won't suck. There is also of course the rumoured project from Pandemic (who EA own and whose games include Full Spectrum Warrior, Mercenaries 1 & 2) which is an official "follow up" to The Dark Knight, which is shrouded in mystery. Recently someone said that the game isn't working out well which is why EA hasn't announced it. I wonder what this game from Eidos will do to that project? Will we even need it now?

No formats have been stated for either game but I'm sure 360/PS3 owners will have it. The only game that Rocksteady Studios have done was the Xbox/PS2 game Urban Chaos: Riot Response which was decent.

2. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Well, Paul Dini writing the story gets it major points in my book. I'm sure the story will be excellent. Unfortunately Batman games on 3D consoles have been notoriously bad - mediocre. The only one that actually impressed me at all was the Batman Begins game, the stealth gameplay of Splinter Cell and the vehicle gameplay of Burnout.

3. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    If it's not based on the movie, it might be good.. of course, it's catching up on the movie hype..

4. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Since when did Batman (outside of the toy line) have a metal suit? I'm seeing rivets on there, unless those are vents or something. >P

Could be good, we'll see.