drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm curious how exactly this works.

The reason we need a GC-compatible Wii is to rip the ISO images of the games, right? Once that's done, it doesn't need to be used?

How do you control the game when playing it from HBC on the Wii U? Classic Controller, or something else?

Is there a step by step guide from how to take a retail GameCube game I have in my possession to playing it on my Wii U's vWii?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just occurred to me that since Devolution is a Wii program, maybe this isn't the best subforum for this question. But apparently I can't delete this thread, so can a mod move it to the Wii section?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no. The anti-piracy mechanism in Devolution will link the game with one of your wiimotes, basically a form of DRM. When you want to use Devolution to play Gamecube games on a Wii U, you must have the same wiimote synced up or it will refuse to load your game.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a Wii to rip the games and verify them for the anti-piracy. You alos need a wiimote connected to the Wii when you do this. You can then take your hard drive to your Wii U and sync that same wiimote controller and play the games on the Wii U with one of the supported controllers (Classic Controller, Wii U Pro controller, or PS3 controller are what are supported I believe....analog trigger functions only work on a PS3 controller I believe)

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
support for several Gamecube peripherals is missing, the original wired
controllers must be used,

I use wavebirds all the time...

Anyway, thanks for the guides. How do you use the Wii U Pro Controller? I thought that didn't work in Wii mode. Or do you have to plug it in?

MHDEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question about Devolution AP .
I am preaty sure it has been asked before .... buuuut.
Since Dev Checks the disk in the dicktray .. does that mean that With an Emulated NAND(Sneek) since the Games apear to be in the disk tray we can actualy verify
the games like that ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning