I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe this is the plan:

NX.and.controller.jpg

Concerns:
#1) that handheld looks like a oddly shaped ipod touch. Kids in NA already have an ipod touch.
#2) battery life for that handheld.
#3) cost of that handheld.
#4) how fragile is that handheld going to be ?

Overall, this looks like the Wii U, but with a smaller, portable gamepad / device.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We had "buttons" like those in the 70s and 80s, made out of raised plastic. They were membrane touch-buttons and they were complete crap.

Hey, if they can make it work, I'd be impressed. But I'm skeptical.

Plus that pack-in game looks terrible. :P

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Amd just release a new gpu with 950's power only with 88w. Expect apu to be some where between 750 and ti. Which for nintendo might be cheap low power console just passing ps4 or something more pricy or even modular.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Selim873,

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New news. The NX is supposedly going to release a "concept" between March and May, reveal it in June (Most likely E3) and release this November. While, quote unquote, "cannabalizing" the WiiU and 3DS sales. If it's powerful enough, yes, the WiiU. The 3DS? Not sure. The mobile gaming market was overtaken by damn phones. :mellow:

http://www.comingsoon.net/games/new...sole-to-be-announced-in-june-released-in-fall
I do not think he actually say anything about releasing this year.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not think he actually say anything about releasing this year.

I can guarantee this article was written based on the assumption of it releasing this year. It would say Fall 2017 if it were to be a year later, which would be a bad move. Releasing it in 2017 would just be way too late in the generation cycle, and it would be the WiiU and Dreamcast all over again. The Supplementary Computation Device will probably be the kick that will put the NX to the same power as the PS5 and the next Xbox, with the base console comparable to the Xbox One and PS4. So the SCD probably won't be available at launch. Here's a little infograph I horribly put together. :P

Untitled.png

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can guarantee this article was written based on the assumption of it releasing this year. It would say Fall 2017 if it were to be a year later, which would be a bad move. Releasing it in 2017 would just be way too late in the generation cycle, and it would be the WiiU and Dreamcast all over again. The Supplementary Computation Device will probably be the kick that will put the NX to the same power as the PS5 and the next Xbox, with the base console comparable to the Xbox One and PS4. So the SCD probably won't be available at launch. Here's a little infograph I horribly put together. :P

View attachment 34679
My bad, what I mean is that claim from Nintendo.
And it could be semi modular and can attach the handheld as a computational add on.

Last edited by Yil,

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it releases this year. If it does, it will be in Japan only. But I think more likely Spring 17 for Japan, Fall 17 for the west. Launch game will be an HD sequel to Luigi Mansion, but you can play as other characters by tapping an amiibo of the character.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

View attachment 34679
But it might be more like ngc but with a long life span and more games. That is, to have power surpassing ps4 and to be relatively less powerful version of next gen, like between laptop and desktop. It might be far better than we expect, especially if it uses cloud computing and other stuff properly. I just hope some one is still there to make metroid prime considering the terrible stuff nintendo did over the years.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it releases this year. If it does, it will be in Japan only. But I think more likely Spring 17 for Japan, Fall 17 for the west. Launch game will be an HD sequel to Luigi Mansion, but you can play as other characters by tapping an amiibo of the character.

There's no way Nintendo won't do a global release, or any exclusive releases with that wide of a time frame. Hell, the WiiU came out in the West before Japan, and that was by only nearly half a month.

When the NX has a release date, we can easily assume the major regions will get it on a set date, and others maybe 2 weeks afterward tops. If Nintendo is going this big on the NX, they would do a global release, and 2016 would be the best year if it's competing against the Xbox One and PS4.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's technically worth posting in the OP yet, but there were some rumored NX specs that were supposedly leaked on a survey site that has had a history of working with Nintendo. If someone can confirm and pass on a reputable source stating that it's accurate I might add it, but I'm wary right now because the features list looks WAY too good to be true

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think it's technically worth posting in the OP yet, but there were some rumored NX specs that were supposedly leaked on a survey site that has had a history of working with Nintendo. If someone can confirm and pass on a reputable source stating that it's accurate I might add it, but I'm wary right now because the features list looks WAY too good to be true
I think 900p might be referring to the handheld part and a 900*1600 screen. It could be as high end as a smartphone. Solid 900p with good rendering on a handheld would be greatly appreciated.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think 900p might be referring to the handheld part and a 900*1600 screen. It could be as high end as a smartphone. Solid 900p with good rendering on a handheld would be greatly appreciated.
I was actually referring to the 4K streaming that would be compatible with PC and PS4, specifically. I actually have no doubt that games would be rendered in 900p even on the console version, it would be a step up from 720p

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was actually referring to the 4K streaming that would be compatible with PC and PS4, specifically. I actually have no doubt that games would be rendered in 900p even on the console version, it would be a step up from 720p
Wonder why nintendo ever bother with streaming. And wii u is capable of 1080p, more than ps3 or xbox 360 (wii u is pretty much a super xbox 360).

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder why nintendo ever bother with streaming. And wii u is capable of 1080p, more than ps3 or xbox 360 (wii u is pretty much a super xbox 360).
Streaming wouldn't work very on the wii u considering that they didn't give it an ethernet port

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an official USB adapter though
true, but I think releasing streaming would just make it more apparerent that they should've included it in the first place. Nintendo hasn't been shown to have the best netcode in the past either, so even if they id try it on the wii u it could have had some serious backlash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2