Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This may be silly to latch on to, but if AMD is helping design the NX, wouldn't they stay away from x86 and use x64 so they don't have to do licensing bullshit from Intel? Granted they will likely go with ARM, this is just a thought I had while reading the latest "confirmed" information.
AMD made x64 and x86/ 64 is co-owned by both companies.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, it's ARM? It's gonna be Wii U all over again. Either your middleware supports ARM compiling or you're not releasing on NX.

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if it's going to be ARM, then I think it's a good chance it will be the new tegra X1. I own an Nvidia shield tablet with the Tegra K1 which is 32 bit. It really is a great gaming tablet. As far as emulators go it can play all of the older game systems, including the DS, and the PSP with no problem. The game controller that comes with it might look a little ugly, but imo is one of the best there is. I understand this is nowhere close to the power of the PS4 or Xbox. But we were promised a new version tablet with the 64 bit tegra X1. The specs for that chip is enough to make one drool. Not only does it have a 4 core CPU, but it also has an integrated Maxwell 256-core GPU DX-12, OpenGL 4.5, OpenGL ES 3.1. All that power and yet it just sips power. I remember reading somewhere (prolly no truth to it) that the NX would be portable, but when you are at home and play it on your TV, the NX can then Utilize the base station to provide even more processing power to provide even better/faster gaming. If that's true then it makes even more sense that it's the Tegra X1. The X1 was designed to link themselves together in a cluster configuration. I'm not sure how many of you have experience with Raspberry Pi's, and making supercomputer (I really hate that terminology) clusters by connecting multiple units together. That doesn't make a computer that is capable of becoming skynet or take over the world, but it DOES allow them to do one thing at a time very fast. Most of the time when you see a raspberry pi cluster it is used for science, or medical solutions. like learning to fold proteins, Or crunch numbers. That same type of configuration works very well for video processing. Anyways, what i'm getting at in a very boring way is I believe that it's a very strong possibility that it will use the X1. If you have friends come over with their NX's they will also be able to be part of the cluster, and add even more horsepower. All of us Nvidia shield fanboys have been waiting for the new X1 tablet that they promised. A month or so ago we were told that they were no longer planning on making the new tablet, but they also said that they are still working on the X1 CPU/GPU. If they do end up using the Tegra then keep an open mind. I am a true geek. My office is crammed full of electronic guts, soldering equipment,Pc', game systems, Smart TV's, Home theater audio systems, and so on. I have no problem calling bad equipment shit. I love Nintendo, but if they make some shity hardware I will call it what it is. Shit. But if they really go with the new X1 then we will be in for a really cool game system.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO you think TGS is the last chance to talk about the nx this year beside 'Nintendo Direct'.
That's exactly what I'm saying, they already have the support of the Japanese market. It's the western audience that they need to be convincing right now

Me personally i think Maybe all they do is bring that zelda e3 experience to Japan. I dont think they will unveil the NX anytime soon. Its clear theyre going the APPLE route and will not announce anything until about two weeks before release day. But it will be a HUGE event. Thats what i think. Because if they do announce something, in 6 months time some company would update firmware changes and stuff to try to outdo the NX before it even gets released. We all saw what Microsoft and Sony did withing two days of the nintendo patent release, they completely went pc and tablet remote play after that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, if it's going to be ARM, then I think it's a good chance it will be the new tegra X1. I own an Nvidia shield tablet with the Tegra K1 which is 32 bit. It really is a great gaming tablet.

When they announced 3ds support until 2017 i felt it assured people that NX was going to be a console. I think nintendo did say it was a console too. The 3ds is the only dedicated gaming handheld thats doing any good so i dont see why they would mess it up.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
q6IxsUpbXIutsRRL2pQBTo3th70FF4GA41RQXHkBb0A.png

Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat