Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
again i dont think the only gimmick is handheld aspect or the online features aspects. 'kimashima wants to play' right? there HAS to be something legit INNOVATIVE i keep saying AR and maybe 3d but i wonder what it is and how it'll be utilized
Well I hope nintendo still understand what innovation means.
Wii u would be much better as the new game cube.
Ever heard of mighty no 9?(edit: could have been better, just get rid of the dash)

Last edited by Yil,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I hope nintendo still understand what innovation means.
Wii u would be much better as the new game cube.
Ever heard of mighty no 9?(edit: could have been better, just get rid of the dash)

Mighty Number Nine is NOT Nintendo LOL, its by deep silver a very small indy group and they made the game with Unreal Engine 3 EXTRA LOL. Their only good game was Dead Island and Saints Row. They have been struggling deving for the new consoles, which sucks, but funding for Mighty No.9 wasnt that great either for what they and others over imagined how big it was gonna be.

But i think whats happening to the NX that people are refering to as completely new tech is this device thats been patented

nintendo-patent-00.jpg

12 -- Imaging device
12a -- Camera unit
12b -- Mirror part
12c -- Fixing member (fixes the camera unit)
20 -- Camera
30 -- Curved surface mirror
32 -- Fixing member (fixes the curved surface mirror)

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Investor meeting today since it is June 29th japan time. Hopefully this will ease some tension.

Investors meetings dont mean anything because nothing is really revealed except for dates and how good this thing is going to be. I think when theyre gonna market this machine its gonna be BIG. We always see reggie on the news when they release new stuff since the ds and hes does such a damn good job.

Reactions: BurningDesire

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Investors meetings dont mean anything because nothing is really revealed except for dates and how good this thing is going to be. I think when theyre gonna market this machine its gonna be BIG. We always see reggie on the news when they release new stuff since the ds and hes does such a damn good job.
dates and how good this thing is going to be.

that is all I need to pacify me and make a story lmao

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dates and how good this thing is going to be.

that is all I need to pacify me and make a story lmao

I think motion controls were actually really great for a lot of games. Pikman 1-2-3 for example, just didnt feel right with a controller afterwards. People act like pixel count and textures are the only thing they want, then a mediocre shooter like overwatch comes out and everyone loves it. Me personally i think first person shooters are little kids games, there really isnt any diversity as to to the mechanics and its so damn repetitive not to mention really easy to be good in.

Reactions: BurningDesire

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think motion controls were actually really great for a lot of games. Pikman 1-2-3 for example, just didnt feel right with a controller afterwards. People act like pixel count and textures are the only thing they want, then a mediocre shooter like overwatch comes out and everyone loves it. Me personally i think first person shooters are little kids games, there really isnt any diversity as to to the mechanics and its so damn repetitive not to mention really easy to be good in.
Splatoon though. That's one hell of a shooter I play it almost every day xD however, games like CoD and shit can go right past me. Realistic violence doesn't appeal to me. I prefer cartoonie. What does this have to do with you quote... Nothing! I just wanted to continue the convo lol

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splatoon though. That's one hell of a shooter I play it almost every day xD however, games like CoD and shit can go right past me. Realistic violence doesn't appeal to me. I prefer cartoonie. What does this have to do with you quote... Nothing! I just wanted to continue the convo lol

The thing about dumb games first person shooting games is the the LACK of gore. Its a little kids game and isnt realistic enough. Nothing has changed in the way its played since Medal Of Honor. it should be if you get shot once, guts start spilling out, or you get severely hampered like you cant move at all if you get shot in the leg. I saw the Battlefield WW1 game and it just looked generic, we didnt see any trench war or brutality.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing about dumb games first person shooting games is the the LACK of gore. Its a little kids game and isnt realistic enough. Nothing has changed in the way its played since Medal Of Honor. it should be if you get shot once, guts start spilling out, or you get severely hampered like you cant move at all if you get shot in the leg. I saw the Battlefield WW1 game and it just looked generic, we didnt see any trench war or brutality.
So basically make Mortal Kombat: The shooter. kek.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically make Mortal Kombat: The shooter. kek.

you cant realistically eat 30 bullets, its too fake, there is no such thing as rest healing in real life. And most times the people are only good because they already put in 300hrs and their lv50 guy has access to ridculously over powered armor and guns. The and armor should have equal damage and damage should actually matter

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you cant realistically eat 30 bullets, its too fake, there is no such thing as rest healing in real life. And most times the people are only good because they already put in 300hrs and their lv50 guy has access to ridculously over powered armor and guns. The and armor should have equal damage and damage should actually matter
truuuuuuuuuueeeeee. Me and you. We're making a shooting game bud xD anyways, currently waiting for that damn investor meeting. You know what time 10am JST is for EST?

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
truuuuuuuuuueeeeee. Me and you. We're making a shooting game bud xD anyways, currently waiting for that damn investor meeting. You know what time 10am JST is for EST?

No i really dont care for the meeting because we already know its coming in 2017 worldwide. Even though the march part was removed. I think itll be all about how they will price it now because of the value of money due to Brexit

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i really dont care for the meeting because we already know its coming in 2017 worldwide. Even though the march part was removed. I think itll be all about how they will price it now because of the value of money due to Brexit
okay. So they're 13hrs ahead. Seems legit. Wait when did they remove the march part?

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay. So they're 13hrs ahead. Seems legit. Wait when did they remove the march part?

The removed it about a week after announcement. I think Brexit made this console more expensive. Its like when they were developing the WiiU and that massive earthquke in japan made everything much more expensive. But im assuming its gonna add a $70 value to the NX now. Im guessing theyre going the decide on a console price of $450 now.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The removed it about a week after announcement. I think Brexit made this console more expensive. Its like when they were developing the WiiU and that massive earthquke in japan made everything much more expensive. But im assuming its gonna add a $70 value to the NX now. Im guessing theyre going the decide on a console price of $450 now.
I really need to start paying more attention to Brexit. Damn I thought it would be $299 or some shit.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really need to start paying more attention to Brexit. Damn I thought it would be $299 or some shit.

I think the price was going to originally be about $379.99 considering it is a legit gen 9, but Brexit really fucked things up for the Europeans

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt bode well for sony either. Microsoft is huge in the USA so no problem for them when it comes to price point. But since China had their console ban lifted a few years ago im sure theyre gonna target that audience too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

generally the europeans are the most highly targeted market because of the value of the euro and pound but that value has dropped, im sure that changed the way they have to market things now

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it doesnt bode well for sony either. Microsoft is huge in the USA so no problem for them when it comes to price point. But since China had their console ban lifted a few years ago im sure theyre gonna target that audience too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

generally the europeans are the most highly targeted market because of the value of the euro and pound but that value has dropped, im sure that changed the way they have to market things now
Wasn't GB it's own region?
Do not count on the Chinese market. They think cod online was the best game ever. And they mock console players when all they play is mmo or some other online.
So the inability to catch up with modern industry was mostly that earthquake?
Europe always have different policies to everything.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't GB it's own region?

Do not count on the Chinese market. They think cod online was the best game ever. And they mock console players when all they play is mmo or some other online.
So the inability to catch up with modern industry was mostly that earthquake?
Europe always have different policies to everything.

that earthquake was devastating to the japanese economy because of how small the island it, it boosted prices of things for awhile.
Yea the chinese are the worst, but the sheer numbers of people...
yea europe is messed up.

But im still going to assume that this investors meeting is mainly to discuss recent changes to its price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We are VR Troopers lol +1