Bargain Bin Impulse Buy

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by _Chaz_, May 11, 2010.

1. _Chaz_
    OP

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    So, I was at the local Goodwill the other day looking for suit pants for an interview at a local college (I'm poor, so what?). I found nothing, turns out some other people cleaned them out almost completely a few days before...

Anyway, on my way out, empty handed, I noticed a small silver bundle on one of the shelves. I took a closer look and gasped in amazement upon seeing what it was. It was a silver Gamecube in almost pristine condition bundled up with tape and plastic. I was ecstatic, having not had one as a kid. I bought it for $12.97 and went on my way. I noticed that it came with an AV out cable (the same one that the N64 had to my surprise) and a DC 12V IN cable. It had no controllers or games, which I checked for once I got home. I plugged it in and tested it to find it worked perfectly. I have no games for it or any controllers, so I plan to pick up some used ones from Gamestop or even from a few friends.

This is going to be awesome.

2. The Pi

The Pi Lurker

Mar 18, 2010
    Scotland
  3. Takeshi

Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Jun 1, 2004
    Germany
    Good choice. I hope you'll have lots of fun playing it, once you got some games and a controller!

4. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    same av cable on the wii as well, gamecube is cool i had one and a ton of games. now i got a wii and a ton of games.

5. thaddius

thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    No.

The SNES, 64 and Gamecube use the same cable. The Wii uses a different one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice