Banner bricked

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by alakt, Jun 12, 2009.

1. alakt
    OP

alakt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2009
    Well, as a newcomer in the wii world I unfortunately ended up at the " The system files are corrupted etc " stage in my screen, also the safety warrant doesn't appear before that. Fortunately I can manage to go to the preloader v0.29 menu by holding down the "reset" button and there are 4 options - Systemmenu ( like obvious - doesn't work ), homebrew channel ( I have installed that also ), Installed file ( which leads to the wad manager 1.4), Load/Install File ( Boot.dol, downgrade IOS35.dol, Wadmanager 1.4.dol - in my SD, all of them are installed ), Systemmenu hacks and settings.

In my homebrew channel I'm able to launch the BootMii by clicking the "home" button on wiicontroller, but in BootMii I can't navigate with wiiController and also I don't have a nintendo controller.

Anyway, is there any possibility for me to fix this unpleasant situation ? If there is, I would be more than thankful if it would be step-by-step, because according my experience and knowledge about wii console.

Thank you,
    Cheers.

2. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    Presumably this happended after installing a WAD?

3. carbonyle

carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2009
    Swaziland
    Switzerland
    Yeah... it's pretty easy: use wad manager / AnyTitle Deleter to delete the last thing you've installed (ex: a bad wad)
    You can reinstall systemmenu with wad manager... just download and pack it with NUS downloader

4. powser

powser Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2006
    do not reinstall system menu wad! It will remove preloader and won't fix the brick if u still have the bad wad. It essentially means it iwll fully brick your wii.

5. alakt
    OP

alakt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2009
    Yes, it happened after I installed the WAD for some kind of a music channel.
    When I'm going to the preloader to use the wad manager it offers me to select the various version IOS-s, it doesn't offer me a "AnyTitle Deleter" or such.
    And if I use any of these IOS-s and press "A" to continue the system crashes by throwing some kind of parameter on the screen.

6. Rocky5

Rocky5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2007
    United States
    If your on system menu 4 reinstall preloader that should fix your problem ( well it did for me )

7. bootsector

bootsector GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2008
    Brazil
    Only removing the corrupted WAD that caused the banner brick should do the trick. Try the following:

:. Download http://wiibrew.org/w/images/8/8c/AnyTitle_Deleter_HBC.zip and decompress it under any folder under /apps/ in your SD.

:. Boot with preloader and run Homebrew Channel. Select AnyTitleDeleter from the HomeBrew Channel Menu

:. Browse the titles until you find the last one you have installed. Delete it and reboot. You should be good now.

8. alakt
    OP

alakt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2009
    Wow, that worked for me also, thank you Rocky [​IMG]
    But now I'm interested, why it worked ?

9. rookrook

rookrook GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    would like to have know if bootsector method would have worked

10. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Um, you can navigate in bootmii with power and reset buttons. i know the issue is resolved but you mentioned in first post you couldnt navigate. i hate how so many n00bs installed bootmii and then complain their wiimotes wont sync.

EDIT: Just noticed you're talking about IOS version, which wont work with front buttons, and must be controlled with Gamecube controller.

11. supagusti

supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    Australia
    Bootmii launched via HBC supports only navigation through a GC-Controller plugged into port 1 [​IMG]

Nice to see a "newcomer in the Wii World" being told to use any title deleter - its only a few klicks away from fully screwing his wii into bullshit...

@alakt: as i understand you can boot into hbc and also lauch wad-manager? if so, just use wad manager to uninstall the wads that you installed latest. This should fix your brick.

12. TroyTheZombie

TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 3, 2009
    Canada
    Calgary, Canada

lol, are you sure it was a banner brick? or did you recently install cIOScorp?

13. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    he did say that the saftey warning didn't appear, which is uncharacteristic of a banner brick. Usually the warning shows up and then the menu crashes when trying to display your channels.

14. alakt
    OP

alakt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2009
    As I told earlier, when I use wad-manager, it gives me a option to choose various amount of IOS-s and if a choose one randomly, it throws only some parameters on my screen.
    Also, I installed an AnyTitleDeleter, just in case if I need it someday [​IMG]
    Well, my problem is solved by now and I'm very thankful for everyone, who were able to help me [​IMG]

Experiences give knowledge.