Banner bricked

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by alakt, Jun 12, 2009.

Jun 12, 2009

Banner bricked by alakt at 1:47 PM (983 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. alakt
    OP

Newcomer alakt Newbie

Estonia
    Well, as a newcomer in the wii world I unfortunately ended up at the " The system files are corrupted etc " stage in my screen, also the safety warrant doesn't appear before that. Fortunately I can manage to go to the preloader v0.29 menu by holding down the "reset" button and there are 4 options - Systemmenu ( like obvious - doesn't work ), homebrew channel ( I have installed that also ), Installed file ( which leads to the wad manager 1.4), Load/Install File ( Boot.dol, downgrade IOS35.dol, Wadmanager 1.4.dol - in my SD, all of them are installed ), Systemmenu hacks and settings.

In my homebrew channel I'm able to launch the BootMii by clicking the "home" button on wiicontroller, but in BootMii I can't navigate with wiiController and also I don't have a nintendo controller.

Anyway, is there any possibility for me to fix this unpleasant situation ? If there is, I would be more than thankful if it would be step-by-step, because according my experience and knowledge about wii console.

Thank you,
    Cheers.

2. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Presumably this happended after installing a WAD?

3. carbonyle

Member carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    Yeah... it's pretty easy: use wad manager / AnyTitle Deleter to delete the last thing you've installed (ex: a bad wad)
    You can reinstall systemmenu with wad manager... just download and pack it with NUS downloader

4. powser

Newcomer powser Advanced Member

do not reinstall system menu wad! It will remove preloader and won't fix the brick if u still have the bad wad. It essentially means it iwll fully brick your wii.

5. alakt
    OP

Newcomer alakt Newbie

Estonia
    Yes, it happened after I installed the WAD for some kind of a music channel.
    When I'm going to the preloader to use the wad manager it offers me to select the various version IOS-s, it doesn't offer me a "AnyTitle Deleter" or such.
    And if I use any of these IOS-s and press "A" to continue the system crashes by throwing some kind of parameter on the screen.

6. Rocky5

Newcomer Rocky5 Advanced Member

United States
    If your on system menu 4 reinstall preloader that should fix your problem ( well it did for me )

7. bootsector

Member bootsector GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Only removing the corrupted WAD that caused the banner brick should do the trick. Try the following:

:. Download http://wiibrew.org/w/images/8/8c/AnyTitle_Deleter_HBC.zip and decompress it under any folder under /apps/ in your SD.

:. Boot with preloader and run Homebrew Channel. Select AnyTitleDeleter from the HomeBrew Channel Menu

:. Browse the titles until you find the last one you have installed. Delete it and reboot. You should be good now.

8. alakt
    OP

Newcomer alakt Newbie

Estonia
    Wow, that worked for me also, thank you Rocky [​IMG]
    But now I'm interested, why it worked ?

9. rookrook

Member rookrook GBAtemp Regular

United States
    would like to have know if bootsector method would have worked

10. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Um, you can navigate in bootmii with power and reset buttons. i know the issue is resolved but you mentioned in first post you couldnt navigate. i hate how so many n00bs installed bootmii and then complain their wiimotes wont sync.

EDIT: Just noticed you're talking about IOS version, which wont work with front buttons, and must be controlled with Gamecube controller.

11. supagusti

Member supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Bootmii launched via HBC supports only navigation through a GC-Controller plugged into port 1 [​IMG]

Nice to see a "newcomer in the Wii World" being told to use any title deleter - its only a few klicks away from fully screwing his wii into bullshit...

@alakt: as i understand you can boot into hbc and also lauch wad-manager? if so, just use wad manager to uninstall the wads that you installed latest. This should fix your brick.

12. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada

lol, are you sure it was a banner brick? or did you recently install cIOScorp?

13. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    he did say that the saftey warning didn't appear, which is uncharacteristic of a banner brick. Usually the warning shows up and then the menu crashes when trying to display your channels.

14. alakt
    OP

Newcomer alakt Newbie

Estonia
    As I told earlier, when I use wad-manager, it gives me a option to choose various amount of IOS-s and if a choose one randomly, it throws only some parameters on my screen.
    Also, I installed an AnyTitleDeleter, just in case if I need it someday [​IMG]
    Well, my problem is solved by now and I'm very thankful for everyone, who were able to help me [​IMG]

Experiences give knowledge.