Hacking Discussion Ban Experimenting w/ReiNX

sim3001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a different boat, and while probably people will call b/s, I really have no reason to make this shit up.

I have a single Switch. I don't really care about getting banned, as long it's not a superban.

I have SX OS, ReiNX and CTCaer Hekate on my Switch and I regularly boot into all of them. I haven't gone into OFW for a while now, but back when SX OS came out, I'd use that to update my .XCIs. I kept growing more careless over time and right now I'm all in.

I keep my Switch online at all times to use FTPd, I have Devmenu and Flog installed, and every single game I have right now is .NSP (over 80 have been installed - I archive them and redownload from CDN using the Switch itself, and yes I'm aware this is rather reckless)

I don't play online at all because I don't have any legit certs, however I DO go to eShop basically every day to test if I'm banned... and I'm still not. I see those reports of insta-bans upon installing .NSPs and I can't figure out why I'm not banned yet.

The only safety measure I've been using is blocking that lp1-receive telemetry server on my router, but I honestly don't believe that should be enough to keep me safe for so long with all I've been doing.

I'm starting to think the trigger for the ban is trying to play online, or maybe blocking the telemetry server really IS enough to prevent a ban after all. I just can't think of anything else.
I find this super interesting how can I find more info about blocking their telemetry servers ?

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
so far, this is what i've been doing:

installed NSP and updates manually from cfw using tinfoil, always offline.

All the games installed in my SD

CFW always in airplane mode

If i wanna play online with my legit games, I remove the SD card and launch ofw, that way I can't start any installed nsp by mistake

so far so good, playing Fighterz beta right now
You do realize you can't cheat the play history right? While removing the SD card it doesn't change the fact that your history still shows played games, and as long as the icon is in your home menu, it's easy to tell if you own it or not.

Reactions: ByteBite

NorthHopper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem with his records is that within his 1st attempt he has done multiple things that can prompt a ban. It doesn't really narrow down anything specifically thats causes it. There are many ppl who got banned playing games online or simply downloading updates to backups in cfw. If it wasn't fortnite then the nsp he played without airplane mode enabled could be the red flag... but who knows right? using cfw in online services is just not a good it idea even if you aren't hit yet.
I know, I just thought I'd throw the info out there that I regularly play online with CFW, specifically Fortnite and Splatoon 2 and haven't been banned yet. I don't install NSPs tho, that's pretty much an insta ban.

D

Deleted User

I was wondering why cfws aren't patching the log functions to prevent them from being filled with errors and sent to Nintendo next time you open the eshop/forgot to disable data sharing.
There is a reimplementation of erpt sysmodule in atmosphere but I'm not sure if it was ever enabled

crow132

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
You do realize you can't cheat the play history right? While removing the SD card it doesn't change the fact that your history still shows played games, and as long as the icon is in your home menu, it's easy to tell if you own it or not.
yeah, I have an offline account where i play my NSPs, and my online linked one where i play only my legit games, that way they don't show on my play history and so far, so good...

nothing is 100% safe of course, but as long as you don't play your nsp in your online account and you don't play them being connected to the internet, it may be fine..?

Last edited by crow132,

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure on the point of this. It has been known since we could installed NSP that we will get banned for it. Which is what, more then a month now?

Install a NSP, you will eventually get banned after you connect online.

Now that would of been cool if you had left out the nsp and just checked out things went with xci's & online, since currently that way doesn't seem to get anyone banned.

gp1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
what if we play original games online in OFW and play pirated games (NSP Format) offline in CFW ?
what about using SX OS offline? (Playing .XCI games)
thanks

Last edited by gp1993,

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if we play original games online in OFW and play pirated games (NSP Format) offline in CFW ?
what about using SX OS offline? (Playing .XCI games)
thanks

Look, I just stated in the post above you if you had bothered to read it. Installing a NSP will get you banned as soon as the Switch connects to the Nintendo servers, even it it's later on the OFW.

You install a NSP, you will get banned.

Reactions: gp1993

gp1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Look, I just stated in the post above you if you had bothered to read it. Installing a NSP will get you banned as soon as the Switch connects to the Nintendo servers, even it it's later on the OFW.

You install a NSP, you will get banned.
sorry, i didn't notice that.
thanks

Last edited by gp1993,

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, i didn't notice that.
thanks

Ya, unfortunately Nintendo learned their lesson from the 3DS (and WiiU I guess, never had one) and changed it so they keep track of the eshop purchases. People are hoping an emuNAND solution might be a way around that, but until we get an emuNAND, no way of knowing.

Reactions: gp1993

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one can say if a certain way of doing things can ban you or not, unless we have emunand, the reason is simple, Nintendo is not blind and probably they are reading on here and other hacking websites and act accordingly by creating new ways to know if someone is hacking their games. So you might be lucky today but no one can guarantee this tomorrow. Also Once you have decided to mod your switch you have accepted the fact that your console might get banned. I don't care about online play myself so all is fine as long as I can update my FW and play future games.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
No one can say if a certain way of doing things can ban you or not, unless we have emunand, the reason is simple, Nintendo is not blind and probably they are reading on here and other hacking websites and act accordingly by creating new ways to know if someone is hacking their games. So you might be lucky today but no one can guarantee this tomorrow. Also Once you have decided to mod your switch you have accepted the fact that your console might get banned. I don't care about online play myself so all is fine as long as I can update my FW and play future games.
If nintendo does indeed visits here and other hacksites then probably even emunand isn't safe from them.

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If nintendo does indeed visits here and other hacksites then probably even emunand isn't safe from them.

What would avoid Nintendo from visiting here? If they are working on stopping piracy they will get to the source and by here I don't mean only Gbatemp but any similar forum. This is how they are able to release new updates that patch existing vulnerabilities. Emunand is a different story I think.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My curiosity was peaked on how far you can get away with having NSP content installed while online. This might just be common knowledge and I'm just ignorant enough to not google it, but I did it anyway.

DISCLAIMER: I did this on 4 "broken yet playable" Switch models I bought from Ebay(e.i. broken screen so only docked, unable to accept joycons so only wired controller, etc.) so your mileage may vary. I did not restore any of the firmwares on the Switch consoles. When a console was banned, I went to the next one. So, do not try any of this if you have even a shred of doubt you may get banned.

Games Used: Fortnite, Splatoon 2 Physical, and Dead Cells NSP.

First attempt: Booted into CFW with no airplane mode, Installing NSP through Tinfoil, played NSP, Fortnite, Unable to start application. Loss to Eshop. Ban.

Second Attempt: Airplane mode while in CFW, installing NSP, then switching airplane mode off, played Fortnite, played NSP, played Splatoon 2. Error. Can still access Eshop, online gameplay is inhibited. I considered this a "ban"

Third Attempt: Airplane mode while in CFW, installed NSP, played Splatoon 2, airplane mode off, played NSP, Played Fortnite, then Splatoon 2 again. Error. "Ban."

Fourth Attempt: Airplane Mode CFW, Install NSP, Fortnite, Splatoon 2, NSP, airplane mode off, Splatoon 2, Fortnite, Console Off, CFW Airplane mode on, NSP, Airplane off, Splatoon 2, Fortnite, left Switch on to see if autoban after some time.

I've started this Monday, August 6th and the fourth Switch has yet to be banned as long as the Tinfoil installed game is run on Airplane Mode. I have yet to see if Switch is banned after some time with a Tinfoil installed NSP. If you're afraid to get banned I would recommend an exclusive Airplane Mode only Switch consoles. I did this as an experiment to see what I could get away with as I like playing online with my Switch.

Edit: 4th Switch is now banned. Woke up this morning and started playing Splatoon 2 and downloaded Paladins to use more varied games to mess around with and received an error code 2124-4007. Ban.
If you have in the future another one, i would like to test a thing.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
What would avoid Nintendo from visiting here? If they are working on stopping piracy they will get to the source and by here I don't mean only Gbatemp but any similar forum. This is how they are able to release new updates that patch existing vulnerabilities. Emunand is a different story I think.
Agree. That's why they released patched switches immediately because even nintendo is up to date with the hacking scene.

Reactions: HideoKojima

buhdiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just noticed something interesting (for me) that i thought i should share with you guys. I had some problem with my atmosphere files and i had to download it again and put in the sd card. For test purposes only, i did not apply the sigpatches (i was trying to make atmosphere boot, so, at that moment, i didn't need to put sigpatches yet)... when it did boot, i tried to launch my already installed games on the emummc... i have 5...

now comes the interesting part:
2 of them booted without sigpatch (Yoshi Crafted World and CTR racing)
the last 3 of them didn't (Toad Adventure Tracker, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Super Mario Party ("could'n launch game, try again from home" error sort of message)

now, the question is: if those games did launch without sigpatches, maybe they're playable online? (like CTR racing)
why some games do not need the sigpatches? do they share the same title key for everyone (as wii u does with his disk dumps)?

another thing to think about: maybe these 2 games i was able to launch without sigpatches are XCI files converted to NSP? or some games just share the same title key? (as XCI are cartridge dumps, maybe)
just thinking out loud.

D

Deleted-452294

Just noticed something interesting (for me) that i thought i should share with you guys. I had some problem with my atmosphere files and i had to download it again and put in the sd card. For test purposes only, i did not apply the sigpatches (i was trying to make atmosphere boot, so, at that moment, i didn't need to put sigpatches yet)... when it did boot, i tried to launch my already installed games on the emummc... i have 5...

now comes the interesting part:
2 of them booted without sigpatch (Yoshi Crafted World and CTR racing)
the last 3 of them didn't (Toad Adventure Tracker, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Super Mario Party ("could'n launch game, try again from home" error sort of message)

now, the question is: if those games did launch without sigpatches, maybe they're playable online? (like CTR racing)
why some games do not need the sigpatches? do they share the same title key for everyone (as wii u does with his disk dumps)?

another thing to think about: maybe these 2 games i was able to launch without sigpatches are XCI files converted to NSP? or some games just share the same title key? (as XCI are cartridge dumps, maybe)
just thinking out loud.
You must've had NCA verification patches. Those are FS patches.

Reactions: buhdiego

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over