bad experience with flash carts.....

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by starfighter1, Dec 28, 2009.

Dec 28, 2009
  1. starfighter1
    OP

Member starfighter1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well iv bought two flash carts so far (1) m3i zero from www.digimartz.com and an acekard 2i from www.modchipcentral.com both were defective.....so im starting to feel like im just wasting money here (although modchipcentral said they would exchange it and digimartz hasnt even replied to my email i sent 3 days ago) so im wondering what should i do next? should i buy another one possibly supercard 2 (if it still has the firmware writer) or what........are this many of them defective??? http://gbatemp.net/style_emoticons/default/hate2.gif

2. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What kind of "defective" were they? Not trying to insult, but many times, cards not working are the result of the user doing something (usually minor) wrong. There are plenty of guides here on GBAtemp for any card you get so try and use those.

I have used modchipcentral for the four flash carts I have owned, and each worked fine. I've heard horror stories about their customer service though.

3. starfighter1
    OP

United States
    defective as in well the acekard plain didnt work even when i followed the gba temp guide (might be a contact issue) and as for the m3i its that no matter what the led wont blink and it does not show up in my dsi ( i have yet to test in dsl which is my last resort)

4. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sounds like plain bad luck to me, sorry pal. If you haven't tried the paper trick for your Acekard, I would try it before sending it back in case it is a contact issue.

I wouldn't get too discouraged though, once you have a working one, it's worth it. Flash cart sites tend to be kind of... shady... by nature, so good luck with returns. I hope you get a refund or replacement! [​IMG]

5. starfighter1
    OP

United States
    wwell the guy at modchipcentral was fine with the idea of exchanging.....but i hvnt heard from digimartz.

6. gamekool

Member gamekool GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah...dstwo should worthy...supercard is the best bulit among all cards except the little wired os