Hacking Backups are here!

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100%. This isn't A solution to legal backups at all. This is piracy. And A shitty way to piracy at that. I'll wait for something more....professional.

Last edited by link42586,
Reactions: slyd0r

Galahad121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not shit, just complicated and not for everyone. Advanced users probably have an easier time using this method
Sure, but still it doesn't work with all games and some games don't save. Comparatively we've got boginstaller just behind the corner and I'm sure someone must be working to streamline this method. so yeah.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Things will improve on time
However, I do agree that the current free method of backups is very unreliable for the following reasons
Specific game "backups" require certain donors, This would mainly be possibly due to the save file restrictions in the donor conflicting with the backup game and vice versa.
Donor game may require more files to be loaded (contained in the exefs directory). if there are less files in the backup exefs dir, the result is the game constantly trying to load a non existing file or generating an error

Current layeredfs implementation has issues with crashes after a game is run and attempting to run another game or homebrew which forces the user to power off and reboot
Need to backup the save in the donor game before running the backup game as they share the same same folder. Same applying to the donor save as well.
However for the games that work and save with the right donor, it does work well most of the time so is the only current solution of running backups until the other implementations are released

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Script closes after 1 second when i open it. I have python installed. Any solution?
You are using Python 2.7 right? It won't work with Python 3, you also have to make sure the last option when you install it (the one with a red x) to install to path is set to run all from computer (can't remember the exact wording).

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You are using Python 2.7 right? It won't work with Python 3, you also have to make sure the last option when you install it (the one with a red x) to install to path is set to run all from computer (can't remember the exact wording).
And that is something that should DEFINITELY should be added to the OP

Creatable

OP
Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
You're overestimating the end user lol

One thing is dropping some files in a sd card, another is patching kernels and modifying hex files. Anyways, everyone agrees that this method is pretty shit, right?
But the tutorial... doesn't require modifying things in a hex editor. (what is a hex file?)
If you're on 5.1.0 you don't even need to patch your kernel.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here I am just enjoying all the games I want, without wasting tons of time on pointless shit at the moment.

This that is worse than the day "the backup loader" was released for Wii.

Galahad121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But the tutorial... doesn't require modifying things in a hex editor. (what is a hex file?)
If you're on 5.1.0 you don't even need to patch your kernel.
then i apologize. I probably got something wrong while reading it. Anyways, I was just pointing that it's not a very reliable method and people shouldn't invest much time into it.

Better things are surely coming right?

ao3pixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey, not the same guy. But I ran into the exact same problem. But I do have Python 2.7 installed as you said. What could be the issue?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll credit, jesus fucking christ. How exactly did I not explain it properly though?
Oh i dunno, maybe the fact that you make no mention that only a specific version of Python will run the script, what firmware this can run at, you make no mention to the necessary files(hactool, and your keys.dat) or even how to get them...This ringing any bells?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto