Hacking Backup Wii Games Launcher

olcohalic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys.

All guides on the internet now have pretty much passed their sell by date, so I have no idea where to start with this.
I am currently reformatting my hard drive to FAT36 because apparently that works with booting backup wii games from the hard drive to the wii. I was using NTFS format before and i dont think my wii even so much as recognised that before.

I'm not too sure what file type should be put onto the hard drive for using on the wii. I'm guessing that its .iso but ive never done this with the wii before, only the DS.

I have the Homebrew Channel on the second to latest firmware as far as i know, along with the homebrew browser, but i dont know if i can just download an app straight away and use it to boot backup files.

So my questions are:
1) Should I be formatting my hard drive to FAT36? Will it work with the wii in this format?
2) What file type do backup files use?
3) What app should i download so i can load backed up files with ease and without any complex setting up?

Thanks for helping me out guys.

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you have firware 4.2 or 4.3 you have to:
1- install hbc ( done)
2- install a patched ios ( use ios236 installer by dr.clipper)
3 -delete ios stubbed ( use MULTIMOD MANAGER)
4- install cios ( look for ciosxrev21 and cios v5.1 by hermes)
5 - put in your sd card one or more usbloader ( the best usbloader gx, cfg usbloader -wiiflow)
6 - if you use one of these usbloader you can use your hdd in FAT32/NTFS or WBFS
7- to transfer iso from pc to HDD use WII BACKUP MANAGER ( you can use it also to format your hdd)
if you decide to format in fat32 or wbfs you can transfer iso in .wbfs while in NTFS you can decide from .wbfs or .iso ( better .wbfs)

if you firmware is 4.1 o lower
same but you don t need to delete ios stub

you can find every mentioned program in the forum

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Head over to the stickies and look up "Modmii". Pretty much walks you through EVERYTHING. FYI WBFS partitions are pretty outdated now and is not readable natively in Windows. Most people seem to use FAT32 for USB loaders.

Seriously, forget the guides on google etc and head over to the stickies. Its a mega-app thats tried and tested. Check it out!!

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes , modmii download all the files mentioned before . so you have only to copy it in you sd card, and if you want modmii can generate a guide for every step.

modmii by xflak= 100% best choise

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
olcohalic said:
All guides on the internet now have pretty much passed their sell by date

Modmii is always upto date.

Just tell what your system menu version is and that your wii is a virgin

olcohalic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK thanks guys, it sounds like i pretty much need modmii :3

Thankyou! Also my hard drive failed to convert to FAT32, is there any other format i can use or a way to do it without it failing? Using the command program was the method that failed BTW.

IM DONE HERE MODS.
please lock the thread so others take priority.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche