Backup Patcher Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wingzrow, Oct 14, 2008.

Oct 14, 2008

Backup Patcher Problems by wingzrow at 12:31 AM (1,141 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. wingzrow
    OP

Member wingzrow GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So ive downloaded 3 or so wii isos, unrared them and used SFV checker to see if they are corrupted and everything checks out fine there. Imageburn even seems to burn the unpatched wii isos just fine. Here's the problem.

When i right click on any wii iso it doesn't give me the option to " open with " so i can't use the patching program. Dragging a wii iso into the patcher gives me the following error.

"Unable to find partition key"

Also, right clicking a wii iso and trying to open it gives me the error saying it's unrecognized format or corrupted and if i try to extract anything from it that there are no archives.

I'm SO close to running wii backups, could someone please help me out?

-regards

wingzrow

2. Motoko

Newcomer Motoko Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    you need the common.key file, create a new folder, stick common.key in there along with the patcher and the game iso, then drag the iso on to the patcher.

3. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    get the zip file in my sig - use the patching program from that - its simple to use and will save u a few headaches

4. taboo

Newcomer taboo Member

United States
    Wait, common.key? I'm starting to get some mixed messages with the backup patcher, as some say common-key.bin works, while others say just common-key without a file extension does just fine. It's worth mentioning I'm in the exact same boat as wingzrow with a few other issues to boot.

5. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    The prog in my zip does it all for you - you dont need anything else - its one EXE and saves the headaches if your on windows.