Question Backup NAND and Boot

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by pka4916, Aug 31, 2018.

1. pka4916
    OP

pka4916 GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2006
    United States
    USA
    Guess I never backed up my NAND and Boot.
    With everything going on now these days.

Since I bought games in the store etc, and have save files on my Switch.

Can I still make a Clean NAND / Boot0 backup? or do I need to wipe everything from it first ?
    I'm currently on FW 5.1.0 (original it was like 3.0.0 or 4.0.0 if I remember right)

Thanks.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    While it is currently impossible to make a clean NAND backup, you should still make one as its primary use is to save yourself from a brick. In terms of preventing a ban from here on out, you have 2 options:
    1. Use ChoiDujourNX to replace some of the files in your NAND with ones you would use to run the homebrew with but this will not make your NAND 100% clean
    2. Stay offline until the community devises a better tool to wipe traces of hacking from the NAND

3. pka4916
    OP

pka4916 GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2006
    United States
    USA
    Thanks..
    Do you mean with "impossible" because I bought games in the Eshop, or is it always impossible ?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you hacked the console in anyway, then you cannot make a clean NAND backup at this point.
    If you didn't hack the console in anyway, then you can make a clean NAND backup at this point.

5. pka4916
    OP

pka4916 GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2006
    United States
    USA
    hm ok..
    The only thing I used is the OS X with the Dongle, and did not use the CRM.
    Just made a Nand up and the other options. so I have that luckely