backup loncher special cd drive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by shasta588, May 10, 2009.

May 10, 2009
  1. shasta588
    OP

Member shasta588 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know I need a special dvd drive to rip my wii games but do I need one to burn them?

2. dark42

Member dark42 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No, you can use pretty much any DVD burner that will burn DVD-R or if you want to use DVD+R your drive and burning program have to support booktype setting (which will make the DVD+R look like a DVD-R to the Wii).
    I recommend you use ImgBurn to burn your ISOs, it sets your booktype automatically if your drive supports it.

3. Captin

Newcomer Captin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    You only need a special drive if you are ripping original disks, if you want to copy an already written backup then you can in the pc with no problems. Imageburn will do it.

You can rip original games using a homebrew program on the Wii and rip over wireless to your PC. it takes a while but means you can make backups of your games.

You can also do it to USB or SD if the memory card is big enough.

4. shasta588
    OP

Member shasta588 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    one more question I read on the internet that after you format you usb hard drive for usb loader your computer will not recognize it is there a way to get around this?

5. Stroganoff

Newcomer Stroganoff Member

Germany
    The only way is to create multiple partitions on the usb drive. One in WBFS (Wii), another one NTFS (Windows). You can use Windows to create partitions on a blank drive. Start -> Run -> compmgmt.msc
    You can also find this in Administrative Tools somewhere.