Backup Loader v.03 Gamma Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by crazythan, Dec 31, 2008.

Dec 31, 2008

Backup Loader v.03 Gamma Help by crazythan at 3:59 AM (1,246 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. crazythan
    OP

Newcomer crazythan Newbie

United States
    Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere...

I'm a total noob to homebrew, but I've downloaded the newest version of the homebrew channel and Backup Loader v.03 Gamma. Both seem to be working correctly. I burned an ISO of WiiFit (not sure what region) using IMGBurn on Sony DVD+R with an Adapti DVD A DH20A4p burner. When I tried to burn the ISO I got an error, but the disc finished burning. So I took the burned disc to the Wii and used the Backup Loader. It booted the disc up, but the game was in black and white and the screen constantly cycled like an old projector does when the film slipped. I tried to boot the game 3 more times using forcing PAL 50, PAL 60, and NTSC, still black and white with screen cycles. After that I used the Backup Loader to reset my Wii with hooks. The standard Wii disc channel showed Wiifit in color, but when I selected it... black and white with cycles.

If anyone has had a similar problem any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. tyvm.

2. slaphappygamer

Member slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    along with the force region patches, did you also try the vidtv patch? also, some wiis do not like dvd+r. the problem could be your media as well. though, i would try the vidtv patch anolg with the region forces. hopefully that will work for you.

3. crazythan
    OP

United States
    I tried vidtv patch with each region setting, and it didn't work. I'm going to try and get some DVD-R when I can. I also remembered that my Wii has an old TV running through an RF modulator.

4. burp61

Newcomer burp61 Member

United States
    did you booktype the dvd+r to dvd rom?

5. crazythan
    OP

United States
    No... [​IMG] I'm a noob I dunno what that is or how to do it... [​IMG]

6. burp61

Newcomer burp61 Member

United States
    first you have to make sure that your drive supports booktyping, google your drive and see if booktyping is available for your drive.

7. burp61

Newcomer burp61 Member

United States
    then go and download the latest version of imgburn so we are on the same track, then click on the discovery icon, then on the toolbar click Tools --> Drive--> Change Book Type... there locate your drive and then next to where it says Change for: click on the selection box "please select..." and select Active Setting (For DVD+R Media) and for New Setting select DVD-ROM. See if that works.