Backup loader questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Midna, Oct 17, 2008.

Oct 17, 2008

Backup loader questions by Midna at 10:17 PM (931 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Midna
    OP

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Okay, I'm sure this has been asked, but the threads that might are about 70 pages long. first of all, How would I go about getting wiigator's backup loader to work with waninkoko's new custom IOS? second of all, I've heard of a 0.2 version of the backup loader. where is this found?

With all due respect, Midna25

2. Lafie

Member Lafie GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Member ppc_gba has slightly altered wiigator's code to be able to work with waninkoko's new cIOS, and he posted this altered backup loader here. However, there are reports that this backup loader does not work aswell as the original one, and that it doesn't actually improve compatibility or read speed. So using it might not be the best choice.

The 0.2 version you are reffering to, is a new loader (and cIOS, I believe) created by WiiGator. It is still in beta phase and has not yet been publicly released. Beta-testers have however reported that it decreases loading times and increases compatibility. EDIT: Just to clarify, the decreased loading times are NOT because the backups are read with 6x speed in this new loader, but because the reading proces has been optimized. Also, DVDX will no longer be required and patching of the ISO's may not be required anymore either (if I read this post correctly EDIT:confirmed). It uses a different method than Waninkoko to achive these results.

Also, next time it would be a good idea to just read the last 10 pages or so of those big threads, you can pretty much get all info from there and you don't have to read through all 90 pages.

3. Midna
    OP

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Thank you. [​IMG]

4. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Or a summary in the first post of my issues and answers thread - im trying to keep it up to date with things when i can