Backup loader help (All of them)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CP303, May 14, 2011.

May 14, 2011
  1. CP303
    OP

Newcomer CP303 Newbie

United States
    Hi guys,

I broke out the old Wii yesterday and reinstalled HBC through Smash Bros. I'm running 4.3u as of now.

This is what my SD looks like at the moment:

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2qxrsk6.jpg
    http://oi54.tinypic.com/2iqkdc7.jpg
    http://oi53.tinypic.com/af7qjt.jpg

I have tried backup loader channel, the screen goes black.
    I have tried Darkcorp 1.1 installer, the wii crashes.
    I have tried the NeoGamma R7 WAD, the channel loads onto my menu. When accessing it and hitting start it flashes the loading graphic and then goes black.
    I have tried the newer NeoGamma that I found on this site but it won't even install the channel.
    I am using WadManager 1.7 and IOS236 to install everything, as that is what I loaded when I installed the initial wave of stuff.

I'm really just sure what to do from here, I've googled and googled and paged through a million threads on this site but to no avail.

I'm attempting to use my backup copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2, burnt on a DVD-R at 2x speed. I am leaving the DVD in the drive while loading the Wii, maybe this is incorrect?

Thanks for any help you can provide, and please let me know.

2. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    You need to softmod with ModMii instead of trying to do this on your own. The reason stuff is crashing is because you don't have a complete softmod. You don't have to delete anything, just use ModMii and it will overwrite old stuff.

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Wow, just reading the OP I can't wait to see his reaction to ModMii, lol

4. CP303
    OP

Newcomer CP303 Newbie

United States
    Okay, thanks. It's been like 2-3 years since I've done this, I guess I should have assumed their were advancements in the way its done.

Thanks!

5. CP303
    OP

Newcomer CP303 Newbie

United States
    Hmm, my reaction is 'wow i should have used this first instead of digging through and finding all of this stuff myself.' But my second reaction is the guide follows nearly everything that I have done already.

It's already cracked using Smash Bros, yada yada. So if I want to use this ModMii stuff, do I just start after that step?

Thanks guys.

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    yea, but u may need to reinstall your HBC installation to the latest version and installed to use IOS58, but instead of the exploit, u can just launch the hackmii installer from the HBC. This is actually mentioned in the ModMii guide [​IMG]

7. CP303
    OP

Newcomer CP303 Newbie

United States
    Good lord is this easier, haha. Really could have saved me a MASSIVE headache last night and today trying to get this to work.

8. CP303
    OP

Newcomer CP303 Newbie

United States

Worked like a charm! Thanks!!

Now to get past the "the disc could not be read. refer to the wii operations manual for details." Error I get when trying to load Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Back to google!

9. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Way to go XFlak, thanks to you the OP had a massive headache. You could have easily prevented it by showing him ModMii (I was doing other stuff so it was your responsibility), but you decided to watch him suffer in agony. Typical Canadian. [​IMG]

Lol, j/k. [​IMG]

10. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is your wii a newers wii? maybe it has the d3-2 drive that can't read backups. Give usb loading a try.