Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He! I'm a teenager!
Or wasn't your last sentence negative for teenagers?
laugh.gif

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
hey, whoa... don't start on me! I'm just defending myself...

I tried to help you all out by telling you when WiiGator plans to release the new version, and I get accosted, and spat at... this is bull...

Then again, I guess when it does come to a bunch of teenagers, they only see what they want to see...
you have some nerve calling us teenagers when you're the one going back and fourth posting screen shots of stupid ass PM's that don't mean anything

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right - Cool it with the drama. No one should be dedicating their lives to this thread anyway. Everyone should just move on. If I have to close the thread to ensure that, I will if I have to.

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wiigator: how far are you with the development of support for multiple IOS versions? Or is that a completely irrelevant question right now?

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
good question. But I would suppose it's irrelevant at this time.
This is something they can work on after the rel of the loader and after their deserved vacation.

kanoeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
BL4Z3D247 said:
toasterhead219 said:
ignore the drama and it will stop.
huh? what is this drama you speak of?...
biggrin.gif
release of the loader ,men i think we speack to many times about this thing .now its time to wait and make questions for the beta testers and my question is:
any beta tester have tested medal of honor heroes 2 patched ?if yes please tell me the results

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiShizzza said:
good question. But I would suppose it's irrelevant at this time.
This is something they can work on after the rel of the loader and after their deserved vacation.
The capability of the loader to use multiple IOS versions, is directly related to it's compatibility with games. The current (0.1) loader doesn't work with all games, mostly because it uses a fixed (v36) IOS, while different games require different IOS versions to run properly.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm... I'm not sure. I thought the compability is more related to the memory handling inside the cios.
As I think that the modified cIOS36 is named cIOS249 on the consoles, I don't doubt multible IOSES are possible. But really necessary for the loader itself?

correct me if I'm totally wrong,plz.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
funkedelic_bob said:
Seraph863 said:
Green screen typically means it's a Region issue. Make sure the game is working via the compatibility list. If you're using WiiGator's version, play with the Force Region settings (i.e. force it to NTSC and test. If not, force to PAL). If it still doesn't work and it is CONFIRMED to be working, you probably have a bad ISO.

Read the Wii Bakcup Loader FAQ from djatz's sig if you need more help. These questions have been covered a million times.

I don't know. I'm stuck with the same green screen problem. I've tried multiple ISOs, multiple patches... Same green screen issue. And I've tried forcing the region settings too.
Have you tried the cIOS-Fix combined with the backuploader.02.dol - the one with the blue top on it and no red at all ?

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiShizzza said:
hmm... I'm not sure. I thought the compability is more related to the memory handling inside the cios.
As I think that the modified cIOS36 is named cIOS249 on the consoles, I don't doubt multible IOSES are possible. But really necessary for the loader itself?

correct me if I'm totally wrong,plz.
From what I know (which isn't an awful lot), the cIOS249 of the current backup loader is based on the official IOS v36. There are a whole lot of other official IOS's (approx. 37 total), and any Wii game can request to be run under a specific IOS. So very early Wii games request an early IOS, say 15 (or something), because those games were made to run properly on that particular IOS.
That's why not all games run properly with the current loader, the loader ignores the game's request for a specific IOS and instead runs the game under it's own modified IOS36 (namely cIOS249).
To be able to counter this problem, the DIP module (that reads the backup discs) has to be made in several versions, all for a different official IOS. Then the loader has to read the game's request for a certain IOS and load the appropriate cIOS (based on that specific IOS). It's a pain.

WiiGator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zidane_genome said:

I tried to help you all out by telling you when WiiGator plans to release the new version, and I get accosted, and spat at... this is bull...

Then again, I guess when it does come to a bunch of teenagers, they only see what they want to see...

Everybody should stop the discussion about any release date. I never mentioned any date. I didn't gave you my e-mail address.

Currently I can't reproduce any of the errors the testers have. If this continues I will release a version for everybody to test, so I can get a bigger compatibilty matrix.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiGator said:
zidane_genome said:

Everybody should stop the discussion about any release date. I never mentioned any date. I didn't gave you my e-mail address.

Currently I can't reproduce any of the errors the testers have. If this continues I will release a version for everybody to test, so I can get a bigger compatibilty matrix.

Thanks again for the update.

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, moderators, do not delete this, but I am doing a browser for the wii. Stop spaming this thread and come over to my thread on web developement for the wii. We will have lots of fun on there to keep us busy until the release of the loader!

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did not think that the backups are related to different IOS until now. thanks for enhancing my knowledge. That explains the coding time... Seems really like a pain.

...so I just backslapping WiiGator and Waninkoko again. For the great effort so far.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:
zidane_genome said:

now that's awesome news

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?