Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

kanoeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiGator said:
Hello. I have decided to quit the backup loader.
After receiving a number of threats on my personal phone, I don't feel it is worth continuing. Many of these calls were from Waninkoko himself.

I am going to post the latest version of the backup loader I have made. This version has been worked on and tested only by me personally.
This version is more of a "preview version," and since it was just used by me it's still a little dirty. It requires the IOS36 content files to be in apps/backuploader/, and it will patch IOS on the fly via some nice (or 31337
smile.gif
) starlet hax.

Good luck, everyone. And Waninkoko, I'll see you in court.
well you work, work and this now...tanks for trying

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all sounds very dodgy to me.

If anyone does try this out, then for the sake of the community report back to us ASAP. If its a bad file then report it too so one of us can remove all links to it.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, didn't see this coming. WiiGator, could you at least release the source so that this project doesn't die altogether? The worst part is, it requires an SD card so we can't make a self contained channel (well the worst part is that there won't be any further development on this project, but not having a self contained backup channel is the next worst part).

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have tried it, and it doesn't brick or otherwise harm the wii, but it doesn't seem to work either (although I could be wrong, since I haven't tried many backups).
It also doesn't seem to do anything to the exisiting cIOS I had installed, meaning I can still run the 0.1 backup loader fine.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My biggest concern now is this.
If it wasnt actually wiigator posting this, will he be so pissed that his account was hacked that he actually says fuck it now and we end up stuck with a buggy loader.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, this is going to be interesting.

I guess waninkoko still can't recognize PPC binaries by sight, but looking at the DOL, it definitely has some code in it. And a lot of entropy. It's probably packed. Since I have BootMii anyway, I gave it a shot.

I didn't particularly set anything up (I just wiiloaded the file) so of course it failed. On the other hand, I obviously don't know if it actually loads anything or not, nor do I care. But it definitely does something, and it also isn't a bricker.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think so, because it's only one (I hope) who hacked him (if he is hacked, what I hope).
All of you guys (or girls, I don't know) are nice to him, aren't you?
So, why would he stop then?

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:

I guess waninkoko still can't recognize PPC binaries by sight, but looking at the DOL, it definitely has some code in it. And a lot of entropy. It's probably packed. Since I have BootMii anyway, I gave it a shot.

I didn't particularly set anything up (I just wiiloaded the file) so of course it failed. On the other hand, I obviously don't know if it actually loads anything or not, nor do I care. But it definitely does something, and it also isn't a bricker.

Well, I know it's a PPC binary. It's easy to notice that...
I'm sure this is a big FAKE.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:

I think its fake personally.
I reckon it only comes up with fail, no matter what you do.
Also, Waninkoko has done nothing wrong!
Whoever has hacked WiiGators account obviosly has something against Waninkoko...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8