finkel98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

have 0.3b running perfectly and was wondering what's the benefit of upgrading to gamma. read around and did not see any post on that topic.
I'd be curious to learn more about the improvements that gamma brings.
thanks!

wiiesel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
- better speed
- you can now boot with the disc channel
- better game compatibility (for example no more heroes and star wars are now working)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
- More compatibility with the games (more games work)
- More direct load channels available for it
- Faster load times

hemen_kap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same here. I did not notice any noticeable difference. Moreover I do not like launching the game from the disk channel as it did not work for me.

1. I have NTSC wii and I downloaded a PAL iso for Mario KART (because it had more seeders and NTSC was difficult to find)
2. I installed 0.3 gamma on ISO249 and started it using the dol in homebrew channel.
3. Under config options selected force NTSC. Came back to the main menu.
4. Pressed B to play the game from the disk channel and the color became black and white and the screen started scrolling. This is the same kind of behavior we see if i FORGET to force ntsc in the config menu and launch game from the 0.3gammaloader itself (not the disc channel).
5. It does work fine if i select force NTSC and then launch game from the loader itself.

Hence I feel that the whole load from disc thing is too confusing and not worth enough considering we have to reboot with the hooks each time the CD is removed /wii is restarted etc.

Am i missing some substantial benefit we get from loading the game from the disc channel ?

So to have the best of both worlds I have the 0.3 beta running on IOS247 and 0.3gamma running on IOs249. (removed 0.1 as i is way outdated now).

I do use 0.3 gamma but dont use the disc channel load option.

-Regards.

HippyG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find with the gamma, the load times before videos are slightly longer, but thats the only downside.
I much prefer gamma over beta.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer