Hacking Backing-up Wii games

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd just like to know what the easiest way of backing up a Wii game is. My DVD drive in my PC can't read Wii discs, so what choices do I have? And what is the easiest?

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gamidi said:
Use the cios disk dumper by waninkoko, or if you have a wiikey and an sd gecko use the wiikey sd dumper.
How do you use the cIOS disc dumper? I thought that the one that Waninkoko made was the one that put it ont an SD Card?

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Helsionium said:
Waninkoko's latest release supports dumping via WiFi or USB.
Ah, I see. Sof I use that, dump my game via WiFi and then put that game to a disc that has ben dumped, it will work fine and will be exactly the same as the original?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Veloxi said:
So what's to prevent us from just dumping to a usb external and booting up a whole array of games? Still needing a modchip to boot from sd/external I'm assuming..
the fact that we dont have an ISO loader
rolleyes.gif

hjfbv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
Veloxi said:
So what's to prevent us from just dumping to a usb external and booting up a whole array of games? Still needing a modchip to boot from sd/external I'm assuming..
the fact that we dont have an ISO loader
rolleyes.gif

for now
tongue.gif

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it not possible to create some sort of channel that when you start it it injects code into the RAM or whatever, put in a burned disc, and then that code is brought back up and used for the game so that the Wii thinks that it is legal? I know nothing about coding or whatever, so I have no idea if it's possible or not...But it might be...

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Livin in a box said:
Is it not possible to create some sort of channel that when you start it it injects code into the RAM or whatever, put in a burned disc, and then that code is brought back up and used for the game so that the Wii thinks that it is legal? I know nothing about coding or whatever, so I have no idea if it's possible or not...But it might be...
injecting code into ram wouldnt do anything tbh, because of the protection on starlet and the dvd drive(which is now broken with DVDX,but its still not possible so easy)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Livin in a box said:
Helsionium said:
Waninkoko's latest release supports dumping via WiFi or USB.
Ah, I see. Sof I use that, dump my game via WiFi and then put that game to a disc that has ben dumped, it will work fine and will be exactly the same as the original?

Yes that will work just fine. I've used a different application to dump over wifi (httpd), but the process is about the same. It dumps the game at a speed of about 400-500 KB/s.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veloxi said:
*Dreams about the day we get a Wii ISO loader*
wub.gif

Hopefully never, because then Nintendo will really have to start cracking down on any sort of Homebrew because it would cause piracy to be far too easy.
If you want to pirate games, I think you should at least pay up for a modchip. Easily pirated games will absolutely slaughter support of a console, which is what happened to the Dreamcast.

I also recommend the Wifi dumping - it's not too fast, but you can leave it on while you're out or while you're sleeping and it should be finished by the time you're back/the time you wake up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021