Hacking backing up my system

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to extract my system menu from the nand, and pack it and the all ios and maybe even channels i have into wads so when i install them i'm back to my original state?
i'm not asking for a tut i can look for that myself if it is indeed possible

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so is that a negative to my question then
unsure.gif

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arno said:
You can use Wii NAND dump to back it up, then Wii NAND inject to put it back in.

It's way more complicated than that.

Dumping your NAND will technically give you all of the contents, but to repack them into wads becomes somewhat complicated.

The higher number IOS versions and the SystemMenu are modular and use shared files (see SHARED1 in your dump). You need a way to parse the TMD files to determine which files are needed by each IOS and the SystemMenu. You have to collect those files, name them correctly (per the TMD), and then use a WAD packer to make the WAD.

There are tools to do these steps but I personally wouldn't trust them 100%. They may fakesign the WADS (if you don't tell them not to) and that would be a modification from the original form.

I think you're better off collecting the IOS and system menu wads from the update partitions of original games that you dump. Make sure you match the version numbers if possible (use title lister on your Wii and dump the list to your SD card). I don't believe you will be able to locate IOS4 or IOS51 on any game disks though.

Many channels are available on game disk update partitions also (check Wiibrew.org for some title listings). Others you would need to pack into wads from your NAND dump using the tools that are available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo