Backing up a .sav from a commercial cart.. problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Cuber, Feb 18, 2011.

  1. Cuber
    OP

    Member Cuber GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2009
    Messages:
    295
    Location:
    England
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    I'm using the NDS Backup tool wi-fi v0.31f

    So I started by following the tutorial here http://faq.monroeworld.com/index.php?sid=8...&artlang=en and it connects to the FTP perfectly and hows the information of the game I put in fine on the bottom screen, however when I try to make a .sav by pressing B all I get is "Data Transfer failed. Please do over again."
    All fire walls are off so I can't see why it won't send the files...

    The game is Pokémon Diamond, Japanese. I've tried several other games and got the same thing too.. also on the top screen it says "File no found" so I dunno if that's got anything to do with it.

    My ini file looks like this..

     
  2. machomuu

    Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2009
    Messages:
    8,437
    Location:
    The Courtroom
    Country:
    United States
    Are you using a DSi/XL?
     
  3. Cuber
    OP

    Member Cuber GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2009
    Messages:
    295
    Location:
    England
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Nope, it's a DS lite. I know it won't work on a DSi because you can't swap carts on that.

    Edit: It could be that I forgot to put in the !home directory thing... >_> Lets see.. [​IMG]

    Edit2: Ehhh nope... still hates me.
     
  4. twiztidsinz

    Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2008
    Messages:
    4,981
    Country:
    United States
    Make sure you give the User WRITE access in the FTP client.
     
  5. Cuber
    OP

    Member Cuber GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2009
    Messages:
    295
    Location:
    England
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    It had that, not sure why it wouldn't work..

    But strangely enough, now the PC has had a restart it has started working.
     

Share This Page