Hacking B9S + Luma + 11.6 = black screen?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,494
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
So, recently I decided to load up my 3ds to play something, decided to update to play with some friends, and after it updated, I get nothing.
I get the custom luma splash I have installed(set to before payload), then the screens go black, like straight up turned off, no backlight, nothing.

I don't have any home menu modifications as far as I know, and only thing I know could possibly conflict is that i had a custom theme, which I don't know how to remove without having access to the home menu itself

Running the latest B9S, luma 8.1.1, N3DS

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, recently I decided to load up my 3ds to play something, decided to update to play with some friends, and after it updated, I get nothing.
I get the custom luma splash I have installed(set to before payload), then the screens go black, like straight up turned off, no backlight, nothing.

I don't have any home menu modifications as far as I know, and only thing I know could possibly conflict is that i had a custom theme, which I don't know how to remove without having access to the home menu itself

Running the latest B9S, luma 8.1.1, N3DS

Did it work fine before updating?

And how long ago was your last nand backup?

D

Deleted User

OP
turns out i fixed it by finding and deleting the home menu extdata (had to find a menuhax tutorial to find it), load up an SD card that had nothing but a luma payload on it, turn it off, move the main card back in, and then it worked.

so it was the theme that broke it

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm they should add a disclaimer to the guide before you go to get started about removing menuhacks completely before beginning. I know it covers it in the "troubleshooting" section about deleting the EX homemenu data but it doesn't say it could be leftovers from menuhacks so no one thinks about it. Maybe I'll issue a pull request....

Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted User

OP
Hmm they should add a disclaimer to the guide before you go to get started about removing menuhacks completely before beginning. I know it covers it in the "troubleshooting" section about deleting the EX homemenu data but it doesn't say it could be leftovers from menuhacks so no one thinks about it. Maybe I'll issue a pull request....
i never had menuhax installed, it was fresh since i installed a9lh. i just needed to find a tutorial to figure out which were the home menu folders i needed to delete

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never had menuhax installed, it was fresh since i installed a9lh. i just needed to find a tutorial to figure out which were the home menu folders i needed to delete
Then you had to have done something with your homemenu/themes in the process because deleting those folders is not required in a standard install to function correctly.

D

Deleted User

OP
Then you had to have done something with your homemenu/themes in the process because deleting those folders is not required in a standard install to function correctly.
i had everything working fine before, been that way for months, but because i had a custom theme installed from back before themely got hijacked, something must have messed up and broke when i updated to 11.6, this isn't a fresh install of any sort of CFW

this 3ds has been through menuhax, a9lh and b9s in seperate installs, and wiped entirely between menuhax and a9lh

Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up