Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So close to a Month of running this and Testing it out, here are my thoughts:

Pros:
Depending on the Version you get - STORAGE!!! 512GB and also Tons of Memory!!!!
--For Texture Packs, this helps A LOT, especially for PS2
LED on the Sides and the Joysticks is neat. Just wondering where to get the Clear or White Joystick Parts so the LED can show through all of it.
Screen Button Mapping I need to figure out, but it works nicely.
--Also have either XInput, or Normal Button Layout. Would be nice if Rockstar (GTA Games) could have a Default Layout or Ability to Map Controls like the PS2 or PC. But XBox Mode should work perfectly for that Issue.
Wireless seems to be amazingly fast.
With Qualcomm and Turnip Drivers (the right ones), certain Emulation is PERFECT.......depending on if the Item you want to run has been figured out for the Emu you are using (3k or Yu know what).
Front Facing Speakers!!!
Much better L-R 2 Triggers that Retroid Pocket. My RP4-Pro, the L2 Trigger Spring Broke and had to Rig it until I got a Replacement Back Panel. But so far, the Odin 2 Triggers are awesome.
Handheld Grip feels MUCH better than the RP4-Pro.

Cons:
No Root Access. Same as the RG405V, you need Scripts.
No FM Radio Feature
Not sure what it is, but there are some Games and Apps that say it will not work on the Odin 2, when you know full well it will.
This Android 13 makes it so you need certain File Explorers in able to get at Android-Data or Android-OBB from the Device.
Guessing only Windows 10-11 can see the Device Properly for File Transfers. Windows 7 thinks it is a Samsung ADB Device
----Even though it shows as a Samsung Device, good luck getting any Samsung Apps to Install. Need to figure that out.
Volume is tricky at times. Need to make it so you can do certain Percentage for the Volume.
Need to space the USB-C and the Headphone Jack for those who use Angled USB-C Cables. Or swap the MicroSD location with the Headphone Jack.
Need to see about dropping the Width of the Device, if possible for Portability.
----The TPU Shell feels weird, and makes it feel much bigger.
Relocate the M1 and M2 Buttons. Keep hitting them, and for Citra, I had to Map M2 as Screen Swap.

Curious to know if there is FM Radio Feature with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. Cant find out anywhere, but AYN said it is not on the Device, but that could mean Disabled, or not Present. Want to find out which.
Best to Root the Device (DNA Mobile Root Odin 2 2024 search)
---Root is sometimes required for certain Apps, like M64Plus FZ , in order to Update Cheats, also to use GameGuardian, and for other useful Apps.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man what a spicy handheld. I've been tempted by it but ultimately I just don't think it fills any role for me in particular. If it were just a bit smaller it could take the position of "coat pocket handheld that I use for commuting", but for now the KT-R1 holds that.

Here's hoping the SD8G2 finds its way into more things though, and hopefully does get that bit smaller in time for folks like me. As it is now it does seem like a no brainer if you don't have something like the Ally or Steam Deck having said that.

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man what a spicy handheld. I've been tempted by it but ultimately I just don't think it fills any role for me in particular. If it were just a bit smaller it could take the position of "coat pocket handheld that I use for commuting", but for now the KT-R1 holds that.

Here's hoping the SD8G2 finds its way into more things though, and hopefully does get that bit smaller in time for folks like me. As it is now it does seem like a no brainer if you don't have something like the Ally or Steam Deck having said that.
Looking at the KT-R1 , looks nice and Compact, but the L2-R2 Buttons I would not like.
But upon further review, kind of thinking the 512/16GB was too much. Should have stuck with the 256GB-12GB is perfect, just would have to worry about Storage at times. But, I got it, so just now have to finish Paying it Off. LOL

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at the KT-R1 , looks nice and Compact, but the L2-R2 Buttons I would not like.
But upon further review, kind of thinking the 512/16GB was too much. Should have stuck with the 256GB-12GB is perfect, just would have to worry about Storage at times. But, I got it, so just now have to finish Paying it Off. LOL
The KT has had a bunch of problems tbf, looking like most might be solved when they go up for sale again soon though, so that’s positive. I also very much know what you mean about going for a higher model lol. I got the 256/8GB KT and it really does very little the cheaper 128/6GB model can’t. I’m far too quick to fall into the “well it’s only an extra £30 or so” trap.

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the higher up you go, the more you think, "will it be worth it in the end for what I am wanting it for?". Plus, if 1 Version works perfectly for what you need, then the higher ups would not be needed. But, so far, the Version I got works perfectly. Just need to see about the Winilator or whatever it is called and see how that is. Want to run Wolfenstein (2009) if possible. Sucks you cant find it anywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: