mixelpixx

hardware monkey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy,

Since the Wii U is progressing nicely I thought maybe getting a couple of command line tools into a more friendly interface might be something fun to do.

So we have DiscU (@ 2.1b) I thought the first thing would be to convert Hex strings to binary and write them to a file, eliminating doing this manually. I am working in VB / VS 2013, writing code that should be compatible back to 2010. SO far this is a form with a button ( I have more completed

**There will be no posting of actual keys to anything in this thread**

Code:
Public Function Hex2ByteArr(ByVal sHex As String) As Byte()
        Dim n As Long
        Dim nCount As Long
        Dim bArr() As Byte
        'First of all, make sure the length of the hex string is even, if it is not then
        'put a "0" at the beginning
        nCount = Len(sHex)
        If (nCount And 1) = 1 Then
            sHex = "0" & sHex
            nCount = nCount + 1
        End If
        'ReDim the Byte array
        ReDim bArr(nCount \ 2 - 1) 'we subtract 1 since the array is zero based
        For n = 1 To nCount Step 2
            'Convert the hex numbers into decimal values and store them in the byte array
            bArr((n - 1) \ 2) = CByte("&H" & Mid$(sHex, n, 2))
        Next
        'Return the array
        Hex2ByteArr = bArr
    End Function

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim bArr() As Byte

Dim hFile As Integer

bArr = Hex2ByteArr("027C9557648A1A996D25BFCC40F63856")
        'You should of course pass the whole hex string to the function above.
        '--
        'Save it to a file
        hFile = FreeFile()

Using writer As BinaryWriter = New BinaryWriter(File.Open("diskkey.bin", FileMode.Create))
            ' Write each integer.
            For Each value As Int32 In bArr
                writer.Write(value)
            Next
        End Using

End Sub

Only issue is how it is creating the binary file. Its been a while so I am sure the mistake is simple, at first I couldn't get it to handle a hexstring that large, now it will write file but it is padding like 4 0's between.

Anyone know where I went wrong?

(also I will include the source (- naughty bits) when this tiny issue gets solved.)

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first glance it looks like there's potential for off-by-one errors. Do you have any unit tests? Have you tried stepping through your code with a debugger to watch what is happening each loop of the Hex2ByteArray function.

Reactions: mixelpixx
D

Deleted User

I could help you with Visual Basic, but I don't know what diskkey.bin should look like :/

this is the result of your code:
Code:
02 00 00 00 7C 00 00 00 95 00 00 00 57 00 00 00 64 00 00 00 8A 00 00 00 1A 00 00 00 99 00 00 00 6D 00 00 00 25 00 00 00 BF 00 00 00 CC 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 F6 00 00 00 38 00 00 00 56 00 00 00
it is supposed to be : ?
Code:
02 00 7C 00 95 00 57 00 64 00 8A 00 1A 00 99 00 6D 00 25 00 BF 00 CC 00 40 00 F6 00 38 00 56 00
or ?
Code:
02 7C 95 57 64 8A 1A 99 6D 25 BF CC 40 F6 38 56

D

Deleted User

Code:
        Using writer As BinaryWriter = New BinaryWriter(File.Open("diskkey.bin", FileMode.Create))
            writer.Write(bArr)
        End Using

;)

Sammi Husky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:

EDIT:

Code:
            writer.Write(bArr)
        End Using

;)

Or you can do this. Ninja'd lol

Code:
                writer.Write(value)

Change Int32 here in Button1_Click() to byte. That should fix the problemo. The reason it was doing that was just because it's treating (and subsequently writing) the data you're accessing in the array as a 32 bit integer, rather than a single byte like you wanted it to. :)

D

Deleted User

Change Int32 here in Button1_Click() to byte. That should fix the problemo. The reason it was doing that was just because it's treating (and subsequently writing) the data you're accessing in the array as a 32 bit integer, rather than a single byte like you wanted it to. :)

It's shorter to change
Code:
            ' Write each integer.
                writer.Write(value)
            Next
        End Using
to
Code:
            writer.Write(bArr)
        End Using

but Yes,
Code:
For Each value As Byte In bArr
will work as well.

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. You guys bit. Thank you. I will post the whole thing this afternoon, and what I am aiming to do, want to add DiscU, maybe some BFRES utilities. Since I was unable to get the source for Disc U I am just wrapping around it, generating a diskkey.bin (and the other key) for whatever title is selected.

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try it out, and give feedback if you so desire. I would like to add a few more items to it, like being able to edit the games list, folder renaming, etc.

Code:
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=92880

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters