Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got done downloading Animal Crossing: City Folk, and since it's scrubbed I have to use Gecko OS to run it. I have a channel installed, but having an auto booting channel would be cool. Since the Backup Launchers can do this, and they're just a modified version of Gecko OS, theoretically this could be done with Gecko OS. If so, could someone make one? (yeah I know I'm lazy!)
tongue.gif

oligore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Why would you need gecko OS if it is scrubbed? Scrubbed discs work fine on backup loaders and I know animal crossing works on all versions of wiigator .3. Just download an autoboot version of .3 gamma. You still need to brickblock it if you are running it through gamma.

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a modchip, and backup loaders can't be used with modchips. Scrubbed discs also can't be used through the disc channel, so I have to use Gecko OS. Which brings me back to my original question. Is there a way to make an auto boot Gecko OS channel?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
I have a modchip, and backup loaders can't be used with modchips. Scrubbed discs also can't be used through the disc channel, so I have to use Gecko OS. Which brings me back to my original question. Is there a way to make an auto boot Gecko OS channel?

scrubbed discs run fine through the disc channel, and yes, source is available so making autoboot should be practically the same as wiigator autoboots.

or just use this wad:

animal_crossing_fix_wad.rar

and then you can boot animal crossing with updates blocked on any sysmenu right through the disc channel.

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

scrubbed discs run fine through the disc channel, and yes, source is available so making autoboot should be practically the same as wiigator autoboots.

or just use this wad:

and then you can boot animal crossing with updates blocked on any sysmenu right through the disc channel.
Can anyone confirm this? Seems like it would solve the problem I have. And no, scrubbed discs no longer work after the 3.3 update, along with Trucha signed discs, unless they're launched through Gecko OS.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
noobwarrior7 said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

or just use this wad:

Can anyone confirm this? Seems like it would solve the problem I have. And no, scrubbed discs no longer work after the 3.3 update, along with Trucha signed discs, unless they're launched through Gecko OS.

scrubbed discs do work as of 3.3....scrubber is not trucha-signed.

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
noobwarrior7 said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

or just use this wad:

It just gives me a black screen when I load through the disc channel. It works fine when I load it through Gecko OS though.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
noobwarrior7 said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
noobwarrior7 said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

or just use this wad:

It just gives me a black screen when I load through the disc channel. It works fine when I load it through Gecko OS though.

yep, but if you install that wad it'll work....it's cause it requires an update that it blackscreens, not because its scrubbed....you can talk to scrubber author about the alternate (not trucha) method he uses.

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
yep, but if you install that wad it'll work....it's cause it requires an update that it blackscreens, not because its scrubbed....you can talk to scrubber author about the alternate (not trucha) method he uses.
Works perfect! Thanks a ton! Now I have one less channel on my menu!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night