Hacking Auto Load Hekate 5.2.0 Bootloader on System Boot Possible?

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I just hacked my Switch. I am currently using Hekate version 5.1.2.

What I want to achieve is booting Hekate whenever I press the power-button (only when my Switch is completely turned off).

Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it?

My current situation is that I always have to go into RCM-mode (Safe Mode) and inject my Switch using the Hekate payload. Which is not ideal. I want it to start up right away when the Switch turns on.

I hope someone can help me out. Thank you!

Last edited by Ujico,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I just hacked my Switch. I am currently using Hekate version 5.1.2.

What I want to achieve is booting Hekate whenever I press the power-button (only when my Switch is completely turned off).

Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it?

My current situation is that I always have to go into RCM-mode (Safe Mode) and inject my Switch using the Hekate payload. Which is not ideal. I want it to start up right away when the Switch turns on.

I hope someone can help me out. Thank you!
That's the holy grail that everyone wants. For now, the only way you can accomplish that is by hardmodding with a payload injector chip.

Reactions: NoNAND and Ujico

vincentallen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only way to do that is with a tiny board you have to solder in to the motherboard. Read up on the RCM-X86

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ujico

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's the holy grail that everyone wants. For now, the only way you can accomplish that is by hardmodding with a payload injector chip.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I see, good information right here. I was Googling myself to death. I did stumble across that hardmod that you were talking about. Thanks for the information!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think the only way to do that is with a tiny board you have to solder in to the motherboard. Read up on the RCM-X86

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Cool, will Google it. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: vincentallen2

LiveMChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardmodding is indeed the only way as of now. If you personally don't want to install it there are people who offer services for that here or on Ebay.

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hardmodding is indeed the only way as of now. If you personally don't want to install it there are people who offer services for that here or on Ebay.
Well, I get your point. I will not put a chip in there though. Some day it will be
Hi, thanks for your reply. I see, good information right here. I was Googling myself to death. I did stumble across that hardmod that you were talking about. Thanks for the information!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cool, will Google it. Thanks for the reply!
Well, I personally don't think hardmodding a Switch is a good choice. Eventually someone will be able to hack the Nintendo Switch completely without the use of a softmod. So I'll probably just be patient. I wouldn't buy services on eBay to do it since you'd have to send them your Switch and also don't learn anything in the process and lose money.

Last edited by Ujico,

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I get your point. I will not put a chip in there though. Some day it will be

Well, I personally don't think hardmodding a Switch is a good choice. Eventually someone will be able to hack the Nintendo Switch completely without the use of a softmod. So I'll probably just be patient. I wouldn't buy services on eBay to do it since you'd have to send them your Switch and also don't learn anything in the process and lose money.
Hard modding is definitely the way to go or enjoy your long wait.
Just turning on the switch to atmosphere emummc cfw directly is so nice, or a vol - and power on to boot into hekate for other launch options (like stock or sxos) is how I have mine.
I’m in the UK and recommend mattytrog who frequents here and did mine but yeah, you’d need to trust someone if you weren’t sure of your own soldering skills.

Having said all that, hang tight to see if the new TX solutions may help you out in an alternative way.
It’s highly expected they are solder solutions also but I did read some uncertainty.

End of day though, you’ll never regret hardmodding your switch and enjoying the coldboot convenience right now.

Last edited by snoofly,

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hard modding is definitely the way to go or enjoy your long wait.
Just turning on the switch to atmosphere emummc cfw directly is so nice, or a vol - and power on to boot into hekate for other launch options (like stock or sxos) is how I have mine.
I’m in the UK and recommend mattytrog who frequents here and did mine but yeah, you’d need to trust someone if you weren’t sure of your own soldering skills.

Having said all that, hang tight to see if the new TX solutions may help you out in an alternative way.
It’s highly expected they are solder solutions also but I did read some uncertainty.

End of day though, you’ll never regret hardmodding your switch and enjoying the coldboot convenience right now.

"Just turning on the switch to atmosphere emummc cfw directly is so nice,"
  • I assume you need to hardmod your Switch for that by soldering a chip onto the motherboard?
"or a vol - and power on to boot into hekate for other launch options (like stock or sxos) is how I have mine."
  • I assume I also need a hardmod for this as well?
m in the UK and recommend mattytrog who frequents here and did mine but yeah
  • I can assume with this that you let someone (in your case mattytrog) hardmodded your Nintendo Switch?
"the new TX solutions may help you out in an alternative way."
  • What are TX solutions? Do you have an official article to what you're referring to?

Sorry, I'm just trying to clarify some things you said with concrete answers. Thanks in advance!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you need a hardmod right now to accomplish what you desire. I use a teensy and it's great! Power on and play.

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes you need a hardmod right now to accomplish what you desire. I use a teensy and it's great! Power on and play.
Niceee, I'll check it out. I know how to solder and used to repair & mod electronic devices long ago. Thank you!

Last edited by Ujico,

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Just turning on the switch to atmosphere emummc cfw directly is so nice,"
  • I assume you need to hardmod your Switch for that by soldering a chip onto the motherboard?
"or a vol - and power on to boot into hekate for other launch options (like stock or sxos) is how I have mine."
  • I assume I also need a hardmod for this as well?
m in the UK and recommend mattytrog who frequents here and did mine but yeah
  • I can assume with this that you let someone (in your case mattytrog) hardmodded your Nintendo Switch?
"the new TX solutions may help you out in an alternative way."
  • What are TX solutions? Do you have an official article to what you're referring to?

Sorry, I'm just trying to clarify some things you said with concrete answers. Thanks in advance!
Yes to first three.
For the last question, check https://gbatemp.net/threads/tx-announce-preorders-for-sx-core-and-sx-lite.561865/

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I always shut down my Switch completely when I'm done playing.
And since I have AutoRCM enabled I can just plug in my RCMLoader and press the power button and it will automatically boot up EmuNAND.

And best of all is that I don't need any computer when booting it up since I put the Hekate Bootloader inside the RCMloader :)

Just Google it and you will see how it is. It's really cheap :O

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I always shut down my Switch completely when I'm done playing.
And since I have AutoRCM enabled I can just plug in my RCMLoader and press the power button and it will automatically boot up EmuNAND.

And best of all is that I don't need any computer when booting it up since I put the Hekate Bootloader inside the RCMloader :)

Just Google it and you will see how it is. It's really cheap :O
Hi, thanks for the suggestion! I already own an RCMLoader a.k.a. Payload Injector. I unfortunately prefer modding my Nintendo Switch over this.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Not even every Android device allows that. But probably eventually, it might take 10 years though.
Right right
By the way. My Mi 9T Pro didn't allow for TWRP to stay permanently installed
So I had to format the internal storage of my phone to something different to make it happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.