Hacking *~Auto Injectuwad Injector~* -kept updated-

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Creffca, I was curious as to the formatting of the Title IDs when they're assigned randomly.

I've injected a few N64 roms with a random Title ID and on my Title Lister, there are some titles with a period. They show up as ".XXX", where X is the random title.

Are these the result of the random title algorithm and is this consistent for all 3 digit title ids?

Sorry, I can't help you out here. I've not used the title lister yet so I'm not sure what it outputs.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
creffca said:
Sorry, I can't help you out here. I've not used the title lister yet so I'm not sure what it outputs.

I was more inclined to know if this was a caveat of Auto Injectuwad -- I'm already pretty familiar with Title Lister.

As far as I know, the title ids have to be 4 digits.... so the random 3 digit option of Auto Injectuwad would leave it needing to pad the title with a 4th digit.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried Phantasy Star 2 with Comix Zone in 3.3, works correctly, complains about the saves being all messed up because there's no save RAM, but it played. So, it seems to be working on Genesis as well. I'll see if SNES works. I'll have to try something known to work this time. The Turbografx games fail the same as if I had edited them manually as well (just tried Dungeon Explorer with R-Type wad). Guess I'm the only person even attempting this system, but I just love the games so much, it was a great and overlooked system (apparently it still is).

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injectuwad only edits the last 3 digits of the title ID. The first digit is copied over from the original tmd file within the wad because it identifies what type of game the wad contains. Bottom line: injectuwad does not create title ID's in the form of .XXX

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried SNES. Well, Eye Of The Beholder runs but you can't control it (just had to try it) and Super Ghouls N Ghosts works perfectly (aside from controlling awkwardly as hell on a GC controller, lol). My final assessment -- 3.3 works on all systems. I won't try N64, as I said, the different boot chips and RAM types would make it hard to come up with a working combination (though I do have a list of N64 games that I can sort according to size, ram type, and boot chip, so, maybe tomorrow if I'm in a good mood). Personally, I think getting injection of RAM games into Sonic 3 to work and possibly adding on-the-fly TG16 conversion should be your next priority (you may have to make "Genesis With RAM" a separate option in the menu). Thanks, I appreciate your hard work, it's working great for me now.

hemanthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well Kazuma, when you're in a good mood, it would be awesome to have the list of N64 games and their specific chips/save type. That would save a lot of heartache in randomly trying different roms with different wads
happy.gif

aaa2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really can't seem to get -4100 error fixed on my computer on my father's computer with the same setup it works ok but i really cannot get it all to run without -4100 error i think it might have something to do with wrong signing anyone any ideas on how to fix it?

Nightstalker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aaa2 said:
I really can't seem to get -4100 error fixed on my computer on my father's computer with the same setup it works ok but i really cannot get it all to run without -4100 error i think it might have something to do with wrong signing anyone any ideas on how to fix it?
Is your outputted .wad the same size as the original .wad?

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally getting the right size output with the latest version, but now I´m getting the -4100 ticket error.

Tried changing the random ticket value in the .ini, but the results were the same, only the 4 letter name is now NLOL.

Stupid computer. I´m not reinstalling Windows just for this.

NL_Patrick_D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trolly said:
Noob question:

Do I need a modchip of any kind to use this on my Wii? Or can I just use an SD?

Short anwser no

what you need is :
But yo need zelda tp original
twilight hack
and a sd card

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome, I didn't realise you could so much through the TP hack yet. Soooo looking forward to the end of the exams when I have time to do this. Just to confirm, as I'm new to this, can you install WiiWare titles through this WAD installer?
And will you be able to do this with GC and Wii ISOs once the USB mass storage device hack is totally finished?

NL_Patrick_D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trolly said:
Awesome, I didn't realise you could so much through the TP hack yet. Soooo looking forward to the end of the exams when I have time to do this. Just to confirm, as I'm new to this, can you install WiiWare titles through this WAD installer?
And will you be able to do this with GC and Wii ISOs once the USB mass storage device hack is totally finished?
Yeah you can install wiiware using wad installer
It is unsure if it will be possible to load a wii iso from a usb device ... but i doubt it.

aaa2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nightstalker said:
aaa2 said:
Yes it is exactly the same size as the original wad but i still alwas get this error i really have no idea how to fix it on my computer and what makes my computer so different from my father's

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aaa2 said:
Nightstalker said:
aaa2 said:
Yes it is exactly the same size as the original wad but i still alwas get this error i really have no idea how to fix it on my computer and what makes my computer so different from my father's

Are you positive? Right click the file and choose properties. You should see the exact byte count.

Spectrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a lot of trouble with any of the rom/wad combos I've been trying. Even with the compatability list, I haven't gotten anything to work except for Pilot Wings.

Is there anyone that can help me inject the roms Harvest Moon 64, Bomberman 64: The Second Attack!! or Banjo Kazooie/Tooie? I've tried so many combinations it's not even funny. Most of the wads available are too small for the roms I choose to inject, so it's becoming very frustrating.

On a lighter request, if anyone can assist me in finding other newer wads to try injecting into, please let me know. I can PM you or you can talk to me on AIM... If it's too much to ask for or bad to ask on the forums, I apologize...

My Aim is Spectrum980 and my msn is [email protected] if anyone cares to help... I've contributed a few entries to the compatability list, like Rocket robot On Wheels working slightly with Region free (using freethewads) Sin and Punishment...

( I posted this on the forum that has the original tutorial on injecting roms the hard way just to let you know... I'm THAT desperate to get some help. )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: