Hacking Audio/video desync for DPG movies

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bunch of MPEG4 videos that I converted to DPG with SUPER so I could watch them on my flashcard.

However, in every video longer than about 2 minutes, the audio and video desync. (The longer the video is, the worse the desync.)

Is there a way to fix this?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I think one of the best ones is in OneKelly's Moonshell guide, but I can't exactly remember where I found that...
That would be the SCDev forums, in the FAQ/Guides forum, in the stickied Moonshell topic. Very helpful guide IMO.

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks.

What version of BatchDPG are you using?

EDIT: Okay, BatchDPG is acting very weird. After converting my MP4 into DPG and playing it on my DS, the video is upside-down and there is no audio at all.
I tried this with multiple versions of BatchDPG and they all do the same thing.

What the heck??

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUPER works fine for me. I've had MP4 and Avi problems in the past, convert them to FLV first or something different then convert to dpg.

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, when I use SUPER on my normal computer, it desyncs, but when I use SUPER on my other computer, it syncs perfectly...

Anyway, problem fixed.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note that some computers do not have good enough hardware to run SUPER very well. Also, bigger files have a tendency to desync like some movies I "got".

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
SUPER = A hellish mess of everything jammed into one ugly package, stay away. Use BatchDPG.

As for your desync problem, if you have everything else correct - video bitrate/audio bitrate is low enough, then it's your framerate. The general consensus is to keep source framerate when converting videos (which is probably hard with .DPG and the DS) or fiddle around with it and lower your audio/video bitrate as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1