Audio/video desync for DPG movies

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Zowayix, Apr 10, 2009.

Apr 10, 2009
  1. Zowayix
    OP

Member Zowayix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a bunch of MPEG4 videos that I converted to DPG with SUPER so I could watch them on my flashcard.

However, in every video longer than about 2 minutes, the audio and video desync. (The longer the video is, the worse the desync.)

Is there a way to fix this?

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    That would be the SCDev forums, in the FAQ/Guides forum, in the stickied Moonshell topic. Very helpful guide IMO.

3. Zowayix
    OP

United States
    So for videos longer than 2 minutes (like around 4-7 minutes), does BatchDPG sync properly?

4. Zowayix
    OP

United States
    Ok thanks.

What version of BatchDPG are you using?

EDIT: Okay, BatchDPG is acting very weird. After converting my MP4 into DPG and playing it on my DS, the video is upside-down and there is no audio at all.
    I tried this with multiple versions of BatchDPG and they all do the same thing.

What the heck??

5. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    SUPER works fine for me. I've had MP4 and Avi problems in the past, convert them to FLV first or something different then convert to dpg.

6. Zowayix
    OP

United States
    Okay, when I use SUPER on my normal computer, it desyncs, but when I use SUPER on my other computer, it syncs perfectly...

Anyway, problem fixed.

7. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Note that some computers do not have good enough hardware to run SUPER very well. Also, bigger files have a tendency to desync like some movies I "got".

8. Sticks

Member Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    SUPER = A hellish mess of everything jammed into one ugly package, stay away. Use BatchDPG.

As for your desync problem, if you have everything else correct - video bitrate/audio bitrate is low enough, then it's your framerate. The general consensus is to keep source framerate when converting videos (which is probably hard with .DPG and the DS) or fiddle around with it and lower your audio/video bitrate as well.