Hardware audio issues docked

acampana89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I have been issues with the audio cutting in and out on games and on the switch itself. From cfw 9.2 with sx os and atmosphere to current cfw 10.0.3. But the weird thing is it only happens when its docked. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix ???

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I have been issues with the audio cutting in and out on games and on the switch itself. From cfw 9.2 with sx os and atmosphere to current cfw 10.0.3. But the weird thing is it only happens when its docked. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix ???
Busted USB-C port or busted dock

MicroRepairRX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So replacing the USB-C port should do the trick ?
Not necessarily.

Do sound come out fine form the the speakers tablets speakers and headphone jack? If that is the case, then it's probably not the audio circuitry in the tablet.

Have you tried another dock? That's the first least invasive test that can be done.

acampana89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily.

Do sound come out fine form the the speakers tablets speakers and headphone jack? If that is the case, then it's probably not the audio circuitry in the tablet.

Have you tried another dock? That's the first least invasive test that can be done.
Audio is fine in handheld mode and haven't tried the headphones jack since i don't use. I did try a different dock. Same issue with the audio cutting in and out.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could also just be the hdmi cord. Do you have another one you can try?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Audio is fine in handheld mode and haven't tried the headphones jack since i don't use. I did try a different dock. Same issue with the audio cutting in and out.

When you did another dock did you use the same hdmi cord or a different one?

acampana89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could also just be the hdmi cord. Do you have another one you can try?
Yes I tried that also. Thinking that could be the issue. Same result unfortunately

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes I tried that also. Thinking that could be the issue. Same result unfortunately
New dock new hdmi cord. Same issue.

MicroRepairRX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so after all that testing, it's looking to be more and more an issue with the USB C port.

Have you checked inside the port with a light/camera/ magnifying glass for any loose pins?

There might also be a loose pin on the port connections directly with the logic board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat