audacity help

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by andy249901, Jun 22, 2009.

Jun 22, 2009

audacity help by andy249901 at 7:18 AM (661 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. andy249901
    OP

Member andy249901 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    idk if this is in the wrong section but if it is move or watever i dont care....well anyways i need help onn making an effect...its the thinking out loud effect if you know what that is i have no idea how to do it and i searched and didnt find any information

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    "thinking out loud" aka an internal monologue aka a soliloquy.

Many effects are used in all that I have heard and to my knowledge there is no one filter (at the risk of a headbutt I shall say art is different for everyone).
    Generally though there are two schools of thought which exist along the same lines
    1) Soliloquy is clear: reverb is a good filter, normalisation is a must, noise/background sound is minimal.

2) Soliloquy is placed over background sound: background sound will fade and become indistinguishable. The archetypal use of such an effect would be in a designing scene (think montage) or a spy scene where the would be spy attempts to discern who is watching him.

Third type is a kind of split personality but this would generally fall under the banner of narration.

3. Nerdii

Banned Nerdii Banned

Australia
    Just check the Audacity site. They have Audacity tutorials!

4. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Auto ducking might be a good effect to use, when the volume on the commentary track (control track) is high, volume on the original audio track is decreased, thus causing the commentary to be louder and clearer.

You really have to try a multitude of things out in order to find exactly what you're looking for, and as FAST said, noise removal is a must, especially if you have one of those $5 microphones.