Attack on Titan - New Trailer out

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Rinth, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Rinth
    OP

Rinth GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2013
    New Zealand

While it's not a true gameplay trailer, some elements of gameplay can be seen. It appears that killing Titans may require some quick time events, which is somewhat dubious in theory, and would certainly be overshadowed by the gameplay offered by Feng Lee's fan game.

However, before I managed to dismiss the game as some shovelware, I realised that it's being made by Churnsoft, the developer responsible for 999 on DS, Zero Escape on 3DS and Danganronpa games on PSP/Vita. As such, the game perhaps has some solid chances of turning out great.

ADD: Old Trailer

sethirion and dragonblood9999 like this.
  2. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    the game looks good but i doubt that it will be released outside of japan, because nintendo if america would censor the titans because they are technically "nude", even if they dont have any parts

so the new game is called attack on titan with pants

ekko25 likes this.
  3. RedCoreZero

RedCoreZero Creativity is Power

Banned
    Nov 12, 2012
    United States
    Lived in Florida
    I never thought they'd make a game, then I realized that they also treat the series like cows.

4. Rinth
    OP

Rinth GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2013
    New Zealand
    The anime is extremely popular both in Japan and the West, and it's also licensed for NA release in 2014. If the game is successful enough in Japan, then I imagine that there will be plenty of justification for a localisation.

ADD: Further, 3DS is a thriving platform globally. Remember the PSP Sword Art Online game that never got localised despite SAO's popularity in NA? That was because PSP was as dead as dead can be in NA. A 3DS anime title based on a very popular anime will unlikely suffer the same fate.

dragonblood9999 and RedCoreZero like this.
  5. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    i hope they will release release the game in NA and the EU without to much censoring.
    i am reallying enjoying the manga and enjoyed the first season of the anime

6. Rinth
    OP

Rinth GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2013
    New Zealand
    Spike Churnsoft is actually localising a lot of big Western titles (into Japanese), including Witcher 3, Kingdoms of Amalur, Saints Row 3 and Dead Island Riptide. Some of these titles are dialogue-heavy RPGs with fairly complex themes (esp. Witcher). If they are already quite capable both in terms of language and technical expertise when it comes to localisation, doesn't that mean it should be fairly easy for them to localise something the other way around?