Hacking Atmosphere won't load 6.2

Irocadiext

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friend updated to 6.2 with choidujournx. I think he had some type of error or crash at end of update Now he can t load Atmosphere cfw. my friend has somewhat similar issue but with atmosphere cfw. friend updated to 6.2 with choidujournx. I think he had some type of error or crash at end of update. Now he can t load Atmosphere cfw.

says he s using newest version. He tries to load atmosphere, after switch log and nintendo logo he gets error screen: error 2162-0002. then black screen i think. Weird thing is, he can boot up into ofw somehow fine. its asking for an sd update. I think maybe its the SDXC vs SDHC problem, but he s banned so he cant get the update.

Not sure if he lost exfat support or what. Thought that was impossible as choidujournx forces autorcm. In ofw now his gms want updates. And supposedly can t restore his nand backup. I think its from older fw. Apparently Reinx won t load for him either. Is he screwed. can he get back into atmosphere????? any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Irocadiext,

PalomPorom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did he choose the exfat option when he installed the firmware?
Did he try booting atmosphere with the latest payload too and not just updated the SD files.
Does he have the latest kosmos pack?

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Irocadiext

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did he choose the exfat option when he installed the firmware?
Did he try booting atmosphere with the latest payload too and not just updated the SD files.
Does he have the latest kosmos pack?

totally appreciate the reply man. I got him running again. I thought all the same you are stating. He must have somehow picked the wrong choice and went with 6.2 it was a bitch because it was over discord and his english is not perfect and he s not too tech savvy i guess. prob would ve been a fast fix in person but took quite a while.

made him switch to fat32. windows was giving him trouble formatting so when load atmosphere he was getting errors about missing partitions. made him use a 3rd party formatter. that worked. then he got an error for atmosphere. He kept telling me that he was up to date, pointing me to a github thread that seemed to have latest stuff on it. who knows what this guy was doing.

i dnt use atmosphere so I wasn t completely sure. anyway error told him to get up to date files and had a webpage listed. I gotta say that s just amazing support from atmosphere there. I could see some getting stumped there but they point you in the right direction even on an error screen. awesome. got the new files and it was loaded up fine. then re update choosing exfat version. now all is gd. he was happy. did my good deed for the day. thnx for attempting to help.

Xul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. I just got my switch a few weeks ago. Accidentally updated it to 6.2 naturally and waited until all of the updates came out. So i'm starting from a fresh 6.2...

I've run the fusee-test payload and have confirmed its not patched (success message confirmed multiple times). I've got the ns-atmosphere dongle for payloads. I can RCM into hekate (4.6) and i've made backups of my nand and biskeys. I've tried the sdfiles package payload into fuse-primary and i've tried the latest S Atmosphere SDfiles 1215-1.5 updating all of the sdfiles and payloads.

When i'm using the 1215 ns-atmosphere payload and sdfiles I get to the ns-atmosphere splash screen and then it blacks out going to the 'nintendo' logo.

When i'm using the sdsetup its goes through the nxboot sequence and then blacks out to the 'nintendo' logo.

I can boot into hecate but when I go to CFW it just doesn't get further than that as stated.

Filesystem on the sdcard is exfat. Its a samsung 128gb evoselect.

Any help appreciated.

tnnuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

PalomPorom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. I just got my switch a few weeks ago. Accidentally updated it to 6.2 naturally and waited until all of the updates came out. So i'm starting from a fresh 6.2...

I've run the fusee-test payload and have confirmed its not patched (success message confirmed multiple times). I've got the ns-atmosphere dongle for payloads. I can RCM into hekate (4.6) and i've made backups of my nand and biskeys. I've tried the sdfiles package payload into fuse-primary and i've tried the latest S Atmosphere SDfiles 1215-1.5 updating all of the sdfiles and payloads.

When i'm using the 1215 ns-atmosphere payload and sdfiles I get to the ns-atmosphere splash screen and then it blacks out going to the 'nintendo' logo.

When i'm using the sdsetup its goes through the nxboot sequence and then blacks out to the 'nintendo' logo.

I can boot into hecate but when I go to CFW it just doesn't get further than that as stated.

Filesystem on the sdcard is exfat. Its a samsung 128gb evoselect.

Any help appreciated.

You're booting the latest Hekate right? And have updated your bootloader folder.
Maybe scan and fix your SD for errors from a pc. Might have to reformat it.
Also try manually delete all of your CFW files then copy new versions back over.

Last edited by PalomPorom,

Xul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're booting the latest Hekate right? And have updated your bootloader folder.
Maybe scan and fix your SD for errors from a pc. Might have to reformat it.
Also try manually delete all of your CFW files then copy new versions back over.

I just reformatted the sdcard to fat32 (via an external app) and now i'm able to boot into hecate - MAKING PROGRESS! I'll play with it some more but I think this was my issue.

Xul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just reformatted the sdcard to fat32 (via an external app) and now i'm able to boot into hecate - MAKING PROGRESS! I'll play with it some more but I think this was my issue.

So I can boot into SDFiles and homebrew now but I can't copy any files larger than 4GB's due to fat32 filesystem limitations. Any suggestions here? Appreciate it everyone.

Xul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can boot into SDFiles and homebrew now but I can't copy any files larger than 4GB's due to fat32 filesystem limitations. Any suggestions here? Appreciate it everyone.
I've formated the microsd to exfat and i'm back to my same problem as before. I can get to the nsatmosphere splash and then it just blacks out... I even tried ntfs and that kicked back an error at least. If I could get my xci's on the fat32 then I wouldn't have any issues here but the files size is too large. Officially stuck...

Irocadiext

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've formated the microsd to exfat and i'm back to my same problem as before. I can get to the nsatmosphere splash and then it just blacks out... I even tried ntfs and that kicked back an error at least. If I could get my xci's on the fat32 then I wouldn't have any issues here but the files size is too large. Officially stuck...
Well I would try and get atmosphere to load using a fat32 formatted microsd card and then use choidujournx to again update to 6.2 but use the option on the right side when choosing your fw. "6.2(exfat). once that updates you will now have exfat support for your switch. then you can reformat your microsd to exfat and no longer have the 4gb file size limitation. or you can just search how to split files larger than 4gb. easy enough but tedious in the long run i suppose.

Xul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I would try and get atmosphere to load using a fat32 formatted microsd card and then use choidujournx to again update to 6.2 but use the option on the right side when choosing your fw. "6.2(exfat). once that updates you will now have exfat support for your switch. then you can reformat your microsd to exfat and no longer have the 4gb file size limitation. or you can just search how to split files larger than 4gb. easy enough but tedious in the long run i suppose.

That's exactly what I did. Maybe it's me but it seems like all of the guides out there (that i followed) fail to mention - Hey, you should be aware of the files size limitations of fat32 and you should reimage the firmware to exfat. Looks like im passed all of that and now i'm working on zertwoxci stuff. Appreciate the follow up.

Irocadiext

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I did. Maybe it's me but it seems like all of the guides out there (that i followed) fail to mention - Hey, you should be aware of the files size limitations of fat32 and you should reimage the firmware to exfat. Looks like im passed all of that and now i'm working on zertwoxci stuff. Appreciate the follow up.
well most assume that majority of people hacking a system are tech savvy enought that they have learned fat32 file limititations already i suppose. also you can just update one more time and choose the exfat supported version of 6.2. then you will have exfat support and can then format micro sd to exfat and not have to deal with it ever again.

or are you saying you already updated again and fixed it. sorry i maybe didn t understand you.

Last edited by Irocadiext,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1