Homebrew Atmosphere Crashes After Installing Bad Theme?

mlg_hitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please help! I installed a bad theme, and now every time I try to boot it crashes, what can I do?
I may be really late here but this is to help others who have got in this same situation.

When the CFW crashes, it would give you a program report (see image attached, the program you will see will most likely be 1000000000001000). In your switch SD card, navigate to
SD > atmosphere > contents and find the program file stated on the crash report. Delete this file. If it crashes again, delete the new file stated and eventually it should be working. Your welcome, let me know if this does not work.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be really late here but this is to help others who have got in this same situation.

When the CFW crashes, it would give you a program report (see image attached, the program you will see will most likely be 1000000000001000). In your switch SD card, navigate to
SD > atmosphere > contents and find the program file stated on the crash report. Delete this file. If it crashes again, delete the new file stated and eventually it should be working. Your welcome, let me know if this does not work.
Thanks for providing a complete, and comprehensible answer to this question! Although I have become much more knowledgable in the homebrew scene in these past (almost) two years, I think that this is good info for newcomers having the same problem in the years to come.

Reactions: AhsanMC

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Also, if NXThemesInstaller tells you it doesn't have updated/needed files for your firmware version (and your Switch is connected to internet to let it check for updated files automatically), that means your firmware version isn't supported yet, if you try to install themes anyway, the console won't boot, so don't waste time on it. Learned this the hard way.

mlg_hitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for providing a complete, and comprehensible answer to this question! Although I have become much more knowledgable in the homebrew scene in these past (almost) two years, I think that this is good info for newcomers having the same problem in the years to come.
Thanks, I only became part of the homebrew community last year and still learning, there's so much I'm not aware of but I'm happy to help in places I can

Reactions: Plazorn

liljamal2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles

I have the problem now but i dont have any content folders please help me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1