ROM Hack Assistance with ROMFs placement

mad_raine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attempting to run the FE13 Gay Awakening, got to the point where you load up HANS to run it, set Romfs option to Yes. The problem is that HANS says that the path is invalid. I copied the romfs to a hans folder (that I created on the root of the SD card and not within the 3ds folder). I skipped the hex editing as instructed by Unassuming Venusaur, and just renamed them.
I figure either I've placed them in the wrong location, or, something else entirely.

D

Deleted User

Check to make sure the RomFS are named {title id}.romfs and not {title id}.romfs.bin. This is something I've seen happen rather often on Windows where Windows by default hides the extension of known filetypes.

mad_raine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i checked it out and the file name is correct, its the last 8 digits of the title id. and its a .romfs and not .romfs.bin

mad_raine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh geez i swear i read it worked on digital copies, you wouldn't happen to know of any alternatives? thanks tho

mad_raine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well heck. i might just do that. it would feel like a waste to throw away all this time and stuff. thank you so much for all your help!

Reactions: KunoichiZ

mad_raine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okie dokie ill just move on to the ever daunting nfw cfw stuff. im up to my eyebrows in open tabs already:) thank you for all your help with all my questions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.