Hacking Assistance on getting rednand

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,100
  • Replies 11
D

Deleted User

OP
So I'm using the browser exploit for mocha. and in one of the guides it says place the sd card files back I.e homebrew launcher mocha ect. However Each time I put my sd card into my computer it says do you want to format it, which I know I shouldn't format it because it contains the dump. But regardless of what I do I can't put the files needed to launch mocha. And I tried switching sd cards in the process so booting up mocha ejecting sd card and putting the one I need and that only causes the system to hang. What do I do?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm using the browser exploit for mocha. and in one of the guides it says place the sd card files back I.e homebrew launcher mocha ect. However Each time I put my sd card into my computer it says do you want to format it, which I know I shouldn't format it because it contains the dump. But regardless of what I do I can't put the files needed to launch mocha. And I tried switching sd cards in the process so booting up mocha ejecting sd card and putting the one I need and that only causes the system to hang. What do I do?
Why do you want to use rednand it's outdated and is only of use to devs. You can do everything rednand does in sysnand plus a whole lot more.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well first of all quit using the browser exploit, when using rednand you should at least have a permanent HBL just buy a ds vc and get haxchi as a starter, CBHC is up to you. After that make sure you have a sd card that is double what your Wii U's nand has. White edition is 8gb so you need a 16gb sd minimum, and black edition is 32gb, so you need a 64gb sd card minimum. After that you follow Aquas turortial how to do it (he has the best tut available on this) and get the files you need. Basically all you need is the hbl and mocha. After that launch mocha and select rednand, and let it go through the whole process! Then you have rednand. If your sd card is showing format, use sd formatted and restart with a clean sd. If that doesn't work, you clearly need a new sd card. You do not need rednand unless you are a dev like listed above, or you want to mess with stuff and don't want to brick your sysnand.

D

Deleted User

OP
Well first of all quit using the browser exploit, when using rednand you should at least have a permanent HBL just buy a ds vc and get haxchi as a starter, CBHC is up to you. After that make sure you have a sd card that is double what your Wii U's nand has. White edition is 8gb so you need a 16gb sd minimum, and black edition is 32gb, so you need a 64gb sd card minimum. After that you follow Aquas turortial how to do it (he has the best tut available on this) and get the files you need. Basically all you need is the hbl and mocha. After that launch mocha and select rednand, and let it go through the whole process! Then you have rednand. If your sd card is showing format, use sd formatted and restart with a clean sd. If that doesn't work, you clearly need a new sd card. You do not need rednand unless you are a dev like listed above, or you want to mess with stuff and don't want to brick your sysnand.
can i do it without a ds game. and second off I setup everything exactly how you said it. MY issue is that I do not get the option when i insert my sd card into my computer to copy the files. as my computer nags at me to format the sd. and my sd card is actually a microsd plugged into a microsd adapter. (which makes it into a full sd card) it is 64gb because black model.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
DON'T SETUP REDNAND FOR FOOKLE'S SAKE, YOU'RE NOT A DEVELOPER, DON'T LOOK AT IT, DON'T TOUCH IT, JUST LEAVE REDNAND ALONE!
Jesus christ, i'm tired of redNAND fiasco. redNAND is only good if you're a developer and don't want to accidentally brick your Wii U. If you want to setup it anyways just to play games then, sorry, you're dumb.
sysNAND is better and doesn't corrupt. If your SDCard reports as it requires format in PC, clean copper plates on your SDCard Reader. If that doesn't work, just format it or use another PC.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DON'T SETUP REDNAND FOR FOOKLE'S SAKE, YOU'RE NOT A DEVELOPER, DON'T LOOK AT IT, DON'T TOUCH IT, JUST LEAVE REDNAND ALONE!
Jesus christ, i'm tired of redNAND fiasco. redNAND is only good if you're a developer and don't want to accidentally brick your Wii U. If you want to setup it anyways just to play games then, sorry, you're dumb.
sysNAND is better and doesn't corrupt. If your SDCard reports as it requires format in PC, clean copper plates on your SDCard Reader. If that doesn't work, just format it or use another PC.
Exactly what I said above but without the anger lol.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Exactly what I said above but without the anger lol.
CAN I FUCKING PLEASE SETUP UP REDNAND! because I want to make modifications to my wiiu but im Afraid im going to brick. Can I just get a straight answer! this absolutely annoying. I ask a single question and people continue to beat around the freaking bush. FIRST OFF. to re iterate my problem because nobody is even listening to it. MY SD CARD AFTER BEING FORMATTED, DOES NOT GIVE ME THE OPTION.. TO INPUT FILES SUCH AS MOCHA OR HOMEBREW LAUNCHER. Do I have to start saying everything extremely slow?! My request was is how do I get that to work, or correct this problem. I did not ask "should i use rednand?" I did not ask "what is the best homebrew launcher/channel setup". I did not ask any of that. I was asking how do you fix that particular problem with a sd card after making a format. GOOD GOD.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
CAN I FUCKING PLEASE SETUP UP REDNAND! because I want to make modifications to my wiiu but im Afraid im going to brick. Can I just get a straight answer! this absolutely annoying. I ask a single question and people continue to beat around the freaking bush. FIRST OFF. to re iterate my problem because nobody is even listening to it. MY SD CARD AFTER BEING FORMATTED, DOES NOT GIVE ME THE OPTION.. TO INPUT FILES SUCH AS MOCHA OR HOMEBREW LAUNCHER. Do I have to start saying everything extremely slow?! My request was is how do I get that to work, or correct this problem. I do not ask should i use rednand I did not ask what is the best homebrew launcher/channel setup. I did not ask any of that. I was asking how do you fix that particular problem!
Oh boy. You should say that in the fucking beginning of your post mate. You don't look like a dev so next time say so.
You can setup redNAND in Mocha CFW with clean .elf [Delete mocha.elf and replace it with a new one] then setup redNAND->ON and Advanced options-> SEEPROM redirection->ON and OTP Redirection->ON.
There you go mate. Next time tell us in the beginning since we will instantly jump to conclusions.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CAN I FUCKING PLEASE SETUP UP REDNAND! because I want to make modifications to my wiiu but im Afraid im going to brick. Can I just get a straight answer! this absolutely annoying. I ask a single question and people continue to beat around the freaking bush. FIRST OFF. to re iterate my problem because nobody is even listening to it. MY SD CARD AFTER BEING FORMATTED, DOES NOT GIVE ME THE OPTION.. TO INPUT FILES SUCH AS MOCHA OR HOMEBREW LAUNCHER. Do I have to start saying everything extremely slow?! My request was is how do I get that to work, or correct this problem. I do not ask should i use rednand I did not ask what is the best homebrew launcher/channel setup. I did not ask any of that. I was asking how do you fix that particular problem!
And why are you getting angry at me I said nicely that people have no need for rednand and that was all I was not rude I did not shout or say curse words like you have. After your last post probably nobody will help you for having the attitude you have just shown above. Good luck I hope you get this sorted but prepare for your rednand to constantly break because that is what happens and it's more hassle than it's worth.

D

Deleted User

OP
Oh boy. You should say that in the fucking beginning of your post mate. You don't look like a dev so next time say so.
You can setup redNAND in Mocha CFW with clean .elf [Delete mocha.elf and replace it with a new one] then setup redNAND->ON and Advanced options-> SEEPROM redirection->ON and OTP Redirection->ON.
There you go mate. Next time tell us in the beginning since we will instantly jump to conclusions.
sorry I was incredibly frustrated because you guys were simply beating around the bush

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry I was incredibly frustrated because you guys were simply beating around the bush
There is a huge difference from beating about the bush and from giving good advice which is not to use rednand but hey it's all good.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1