Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have the old "stage0x5C000.bin" file that doesn't have screen-init? And can I use this one with the updater? I'm currently using FIX94's fork. Thanks!

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here is a new dev version of bootctr9, I think its a possible 1.0 release, if there are not any bug.
Beside of the changes from the last dev version(more softboot options, brightness for payloads) I reworked the arm11 code. It now possible for the payloads to manage the screen by simply setting bits(at least, until it runs own arm11 code).

The arm11code checks the following struct at address:0x1FFF3000
Code:
typedef struct {
    volatile u32 a11ControllValue;
    volatile u32 version;
    volatile u32 brightness;
    volatile int setBrightness;
    volatile int enableLCD;
} a11Commands;
to change the brightness simply set the brightness to a value between 0 and 0xFF and set setBrightness to 1, after it finished it sets setBrightness to -1.
To enable the screen set brightness to a value and set enableLCD to 1. To disable the screen set enableLCD to 0.

Attachments

• bootctr9-dev.zip
    63.2 KB · Views: 124

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If no buttons are pressed, yes i can
So trying to run the .3dsx file from emunand just booting up just crashes and goes back to the HBL? I really dont know how to boot emunand with 9.2 firm.. Holding L gives you a black screen and R takes you to sysnand correct? This is why i havent swapped my nands yet. Sysnand 9.2 comes in handy in these situations. Since nothing works. I would try to use that safea9lhinstaller that was made. I think it can be booted from a9lh but i could be wrong.

I wish someone had a solution to this or they have emunand 9.2 that knows how to boot into it with the 9.2 firm

Last edited by Lumince,

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So trying to run the .3dsx file from emunand just booting up just crashes and goes back to the HBL? I really dont know how to boot emunand with 9.2 firm.. Holding L gives you a black screen and R takes you to sysnand correct? This is why i havent swapped my nands yet. Sysnand 9.2 comes in handy in these situations. Since nothing works. I would try to use that safea9lhinstaller that was made. I think it can be booted from a9lh but i could be wrong.

I wish someone had a solution to this or they have emunand 9.2 that knows how to boot into it with the 9.2 firm
Yeah same here... But ill look into safea9lhinstaller and see if it makes a difference, thanks for your help though!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said he was able to get it to boot with R so

When you have firmware90.bin in the right place it ought to just work. Maybe you still have the ghosts of menuhax on your sysnand or something. Might be worth booting holding R, running the menuhax uninstaller, then trying to boot while holding L again.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When you have firmware90.bin in the right place it ought to just work. Maybe you still have the ghosts of menuhax on your sysnand or something. Might be worth booting holding R, running the menuhax uninstaller, then trying to boot while holding L again.
Im not trying to do this. I was just trying to make sure that I knew that everything, as I was understanding it, was what was actually happening. Just clarifying things

Reactions: FenrirWolf

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I did change my theme so im sure menuhax isnt an issue but ill try uninstalling now. Ive definitely got firmware90.bin and firmware.bin in the rei folder so i dont know what the issue is

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If the nand you're trying to boot into is not on 9.2 then that could be the issue. Can't boot a 10.7 nand with the 9.0 firm, for example.
My emunand is on 9.2.0-20E and it boots fine without holding any buttons. Sysnand boots with R and black screens with L

Last edited by Yudowat,

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'm following a guide that doesn't format emunand before downgrade (nands are unlinked) at the end, after restoring both emunand and sysnand, it uses emunand renamed as NAND.bin to install arm9loaderhax. if I do this, will I have problemsusing the eshop?

D

Deleted User

I'm using FIX94's stage 2. I really love it because my 3ds doesn't flash for a second when booting. But I can't use Decrypt9 after it (AuReiNand with L+R). So I go back to dark-samus' stage 2. Does anybody has a stage 2 that has zero brightness and can boot Decrypt9?

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jasonal21, You can use @FIX94 A9LH with this mod of arm9select. The program will turn on the backlight. The only difference is instead of default.bin you need to rename default.bin to AuReiNand.bin and place in aurei/payloads folder. All other payloads can be named normally. This will perform the same function as the loader in AuReiNand but you only have to hold the button of your payload (ie select.bin if your decrypt9 is named as select.bin). You do not have to hold L+R to launch payloads using this.

Edit: Anyone who may have downloaded within the last hour please redownload as I did not get backlight set correctly when I modified @FIX94 source to look for payloads in the aurei/payloads folder to be inline with @Aurora Wright latest AuReiNand release. Apologies to anyone who installed this as with the backlight not being set properly it would look like you bricked. I re upped the correct mod and everything should be fine.

Attachments

• arm9select (MOD).rar
    6.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited by stl25,
Reactions: klear

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this was already brought up in the thread, but I have AuRei A9LH EmuNAND 10.7xU, SysNAND 9.2.xu N3ds. I boot directly into EmuNAND on start up, my question is how would I go about dropping (or stop using) my EmuNAND and running just SysNAND while retaining my EmuNAND data (games, savedata, etc.) Would I just use Decrypt9 or OTPHelper to restore my sysNAND using my emuNAND.bin backup and vice-versa on my emuNAND with sysNAND.bin? I have no hardmod if that makes a difference as well.

D

Deleted User

Thanks a lot @stl25 . I will try it.

EDIT: It works well. But Decrypt9 is too bright imo :D. Would you mind to lower the brightness? Is that possible?

EDIT2: I figured out that we don't need "X_bl" to run software that need backlight. Is that true @stl25 ?

Last edited by ,

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this was already brought up in the thread, but I have AuRei A9LH EmuNAND 10.7xU, SysNAND 9.2.xu N3ds. I boot directly into EmuNAND on start up, my question is how would I go about dropping (or stop using) my EmuNAND and running just SysNAND while retaining my EmuNAND data (games, savedata, etc.) Would I just use Decrypt9 or OTPHelper to restore my sysNAND using my emuNAND.bin backup and vice-versa on my emuNAND with sysNAND.bin? I have no hardmod if that makes a difference as well.
The way I did it might not be recommended anymore but I dumped all the partitions from emunand except the firm1 and firm0, update sysnand, tiny format emunand to unlink NNID, linked NNID to Sysnand, move all partitions, downgrade emunand with either a NAND backup or sysupdater

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I did it might not be recommended anymore but I dumped all the partitions from emunand except the firm1 and firm0, update sysnand, tiny format emunand to unlink NNID, linked NNID to Sysnand, move all partitions, downgrade emunand with either a NAND backup or sysupdater
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-swap-sysnand-and-emunand-arm9loaderhax-only.415724/

This is kind of like what you said, except you don't need to downgrade anything, just swap your NANDs around.

Reactions: Toiry921

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using FIX94's stage 2. I really love it because my 3ds doesn't flash for a second when booting. But I can't use Decrypt9 after it (AuReiNand with L+R). So I go back to dark-samus' stage 2. Does anybody has a stage 2 that has zero brightness and can boot Decrypt9?
I can boot Decrypt9 with L+R using Auroras A9LH nonscreeninit fork and AuReiNAND... I am unsure where your issue could be coming from...

Edit: Re-readimg I think I found your problem.FIX94s fork sets the brightness to 0 but still activatesscreen_init. Just compile Aurora Wrights a9lh without screeninit from source and do a full install

Last edited by DQScott95,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep: