ROM Hack ARM7 Patched Games Need Special AR Codes?

Kokorazashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just noticed that games that I patched the arm7.bin file don't come up with the enable codes option even though I have codes for them (I'm using the GBAtemp Cheat Database cheat.dat and an M3 Simply (I know it's very outdated)). Is there anyway of fixing it?

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Kokorazashi said:
I've just noticed that games that I patched the arm7.bin file don't come up with the enable codes option even though I have codes for them (I'm using the GBAtemp Cheat Database cheat.dat and an M3 Simply (I know it's very outdated)).
I think that you have to change the ID back to the one the game had after patching because it's modified, I'm not really sure for what I'm saying and you should better wait for a more reliale reply
smile.gif

Kokorazashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh right, and by changing the ID back, do you mean the actual ID on the game or the ID the codes for the game use to find the game?

EDIT: I compared the game ID of Trauma Center: 2 and the ARM7 patched codes and the difference is:

Original ID: YYKE ba720672
Modified ID: YYKE ad2c7338

There must be a way of converting it or something.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea how to change the game ID to an arbitrary value, but you can most likely edit your cheat dat to use the updated ID.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you edit or patch a game in any way, even with an ARM7 patch, you end up changing the data within the game which causes the games headers to change and the CRC checksum of the game data to change. The checksum is used at the last 8 digits of the game id. So if you patch a game, you get a different Game ID which you need to update the cheat file with to have cheats appear for that game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F