Hacking arm11 crashes when using ntr selector

cantsay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've recently started using NTR selector in an effort to record some gameplay with KitKat, however whenever I try opening my cartridge version of Pokemon Ultra Sun the console crashes right after the 3DS logo screen / green screen flash. I have crash dumps saved but don't know what to do with them, I don't know how to view them to give you guys the information, you can't upload them here, and I can't link a google drive of them because new members can't post links.

I've managed to successfully open the game and connect to KitKat twice, but the other ~25+ times have been (what looks like) the same error. No idea what allowed it to work those two times.

I'm using a 2ds XL with b9s 1.3 + luma 9.0 + BootNTRSelector 2.11 (both the FONZD and PabloMK7 have given the same results)

thanks in advance!

cantsay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
since posting here, it seems as though loading NTR and then ultra sun is no longer causing crashes, however kitkat / NTRviewer doesn't display the 3ds screen after connecting. It's not even the 'famous' white screen that I've heard about, the window is transparent and I can see what's happening behind the NTRviewer window on my desktop... (if it connects at all)

Attachments

• ntrviewer problems.png
    ntrviewer problems.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 397

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since posting here, it seems as though loading NTR and then ultra sun is no longer causing crashes, however kitkat / NTRviewer doesn't display the 3ds screen after connecting. It's not even the 'famous' white screen that I've heard about, the window is transparent and I can see what's happening behind the NTRviewer window on my desktop... (if it connects at all)
After starting the stream, boot up Pokemon, go to the press start screen, hit home, go to KitKat and click the wifi patch button. Then go back in.

cantsay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After starting the stream, boot up Pokemon, go to the press start screen, hit home, go to KitKat and click the wifi patch button. Then go back in.
I tried that before making this thread, it didn't matter whether I was still on the homescreen (hadn't tried opening Pokemon yet) or in the game itself, I couldn't connect to the DS with kitkat.

I gave up last night and tried again today, back to constant crashes when opening the game, and can't connect to kitkat... I don't know how/why it worked those few times, but the results seem sporadic. I feel like it's an issue with ntr or something

Reactions: Giodude

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that before making this thread, it didn't matter whether I was still on the homescreen (hadn't tried opening Pokemon yet) or in the game itself, I couldn't connect to the DS with kitkat.

I gave up last night and tried again today, back to constant crashes when opening the game, and can't connect to kitkat... I don't know how/why it worked those few times, but the results seem sporadic. I feel like it's an issue with ntr or something
Try it while on the home screen but connected to the internet in the wifi plaza.

cantsay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try it while on the home screen but connected to the internet in the wifi plaza.
I know what you're getting at; the 3DS needs to be connected to the wifi, and Pokemon disables the wifi connection for NFC until you go online in-game. I tried doing that as well and it still didn't work.

However, I removed NTR 2.11 and tried 2.10 and it seems to work fine, so I think my assumption that NTR being the issue could be right.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I know what you're getting at; the 3DS needs to be connected to the wifi, and Pokemon disables the wifi connection for NFC until you go online in-game. I tried doing that as well and it still didn't work.

However, I removed NTR 2.11 and tried 2.10 and it seems to work fine, so I think my assumption that NTR being the issue could be right.
BootNTR is not the same as NTR. It doesn't matter the version of BootNTR you have as the streaming is handled by NTR.

Reactions: Giodude and cantsay

cantsay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
BootNTR is not the same as NTR. It doesn't matter the version of BootNTR you have as the streaming is handled by NTR.
I think I may have resolved the issue. I was using the cia's downloaded from your git, adding them to my SD card and installing them through FBI. However, I have since tried just downloading the version of BootNTRSelector that is in TitlesDB on FBI and that has had a 100% success rate so far. I don't wanna say there's something wrong with the cia's on the git, but I found it weird that they weren't working, as I have installed cia's on my console that way for a while now, this is the first time (iirc) I've used a title found on FBI instead...

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think I may have resolved the issue. I was using the cia's downloaded from your git, adding them to my SD card and installing them through FBI. However, I have since tried just downloading the version of BootNTRSelector that is in TitlesDB on FBI and that has had a 100% success rate so far. I don't wanna say there's something wrong with the cia's on the git, but I found it weird that they weren't working, as I have installed cia's on my console that way for a while now, this is the first time (iirc) I've used a title found on FBI instead...
It's not my git, it's Nanquita's git. He is the BootNTR selector dev. It's weird that the latest version doesn't work and the one from titleDB (which is outdated) does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]