Hacking Argon or D2CKey?

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I know these get asked a lot but here's one more...

Deciding whether to go with D2CKey or the Argon chip, the modders keep trying to shove Argon down my throat, saying its upgradeable but all I hear from the forums is D2CKey... what do you guys recommend I go with?

Cheers,

Evan

blazin-asian

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i was also wondering the same thing, but decided to get the d2ckey instead. the modders probably like the Argon better since its only 13 wires, but i hear the d2ckey is the most advanced mod chip to date and i have yet to see anyone complain about it besides the price and difficulty of installation

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the d2ckey runs all games fine, also gamecube, thats why it dont need to be updated.

the argon still has problems with gamecube games now, and you have this ugly wire sitting out your wii.
I went the d2ckey route and happy about it, done 5 of these now and all worked fine, and still do.

perimbean

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi It's great to see a post like this...

I'd be leaving for Japan in a week's time....I'm wondering...
Should I get the NTSC-J set or the NTSC-U set?

NTSC-U costs twice as much as the NTSC-J set.

About region code games, can NTSC-J playback U games (with either the Argon/D2CKey)?

I'm a noob when it comes to console.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers!
perimbean

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have been reading a lot on the Argon chip.. this is what I found:

*The argon team really keeps to their promisses! When they announce a firmware update it really appears!
*The firmware already is 1.3 all the problems of the first versions are already fixed
*The team is working on the gamecube issues
*The quality of the chip is very good

So at the end the chip isn't bad! Some say (tehskeen) that it sets standards for all modchips to be released!

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like the above posts said, I've heard lots of complaints from Argon owners that it's very buggy and has trouble booting games even of their own region sometimes.

alternate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the d2ckey runs all games fine, also gamecube, thats why it dont need to be updated.

the argon still has problems with gamecube games now, and you have this ugly wire sitting out your wii.
I went the d2ckey route and happy about it, done 5 of these now and all worked fine, and still do.

Argon code is still buggy, 1.3 sorted out some issues. Also with the injecttus chip is is also dearer.

D2CKey works 100% at the moment. all that would worry me is that all the other chips were 100% before Mario Galaxy. The ability to update would bring some piece of mind.

No idea if it is true but I read today that they are soon to release a new 13-wire D2Ckey that is updatable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality