Hacking Are these encoding settings good?

nl255

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am encoding video for use on both the DSTwo and a Dingoo (once it arrives) and I was wondering if the following settings would give decent quality. Container - AVI, Video - divx/xvid 320x240 at 512kbps, Audio - mp3 at 192kbps

nl255

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
for your DS i'd strongly recommend converting to DPG as the iPlayer takes up alot more battery and doesn't look as good, try dpgenc or batchdpg

Unfortunately, I don't have a week at the moment to mess around with trying to find the best quality DPG settings.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
for your DS i'd strongly recommend converting to DPG as the iPlayer takes up alot more battery and doesn't look as good, try dpgenc or batchdpg
Depends on your settings how it looks. I was watching episodes of the anime "Slayers" on it the other day and it looked fantastic, better than many DPG I'd watched.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
Terminator02 said:

Unfortunately, I don't have a week at the moment to mess around with trying to find the best quality DPG settings.

if you use dpgenc, just the standard options

if you use batch dpg
Fullscreen
FPS: 20
Video bitrate: 386
Max bitrate: 512
Passes: 3
Profile: Ultra
Resizer - Spline16
Width: 256
Height: 192
Audio bitrate: 128
Samplerate: 32768
Mode: Joint Stereo
Normalize: On

Widescreen
FPS: 22
Video bitrate: 386
Max bitrate: 512
Passes: 3
Profile: Ultra
Resizer - Spline16
Width: 256
Height: 144
Audio bitrate: 128
Samplerate: 32768
Mode: Joint Stereo
Normalize: On

* If you guys want, you can lower the amount of passes to reduce encoding time at the possible expense of quality.
* Those are the recommended settings, remember that you can always play around and make your own settings : )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more