Edizius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
I dumped all my wii u games (something like 15) to my external harddrive with disc2app and wup installer gx (thanks at this point to all the devs for this and all the other software; keep on going ;-)), and i read that the save files have to be moved from internal storage to usb to use them. After copying the saves to the usb the wii told me that there is unnecessary stuff on my USB drive and if i would like to delete it. So i confirmed and then realized that all my dumped games are gone while the saves still exists. Was this "unnecessary data" my dumps? Is it possible to get it anyhow back? Because dumping game for game is really a pain in the ass, because i only have a 32g sd card (-> dump game with disc2app, install with wupinstaller, delete files with ftpiiU, start next game). So if I have to repeat the dumping at least 2 whole days are gone :`-(

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never trust the Wii U data management.
If everything works, why {insert unnecessary action to "improve" life here}?
that goes for updating your electronic devices same as anything else.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Yes. When the Wii U sees that data for the same game is on both the Wii U NAND and the external storage it tells you that the data on the external storage is "unnecessary" and ask you to delete it, no matter what is it or if this data is on both.
When you move a game to the other storage and there's data for the game on it, so it will have to delete the data on the storage device which is the target to move the game's data.
So you have to backup your data with saviine/savemii and restore it after moving the game or to redownload the game itself.

Edizius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The data management told me that it will help me and improve my life. It came to me and said, "whoa, what a mess. Your place is full of garbage! Let me be your friend and tidy up a little bit. You will be impressed how much space you will have, if once all the unneccessary garbage is gone. For shure you do not need this 2 week old pizza on the floor anymore, do you?". So i trusted him and then i gor robbed. F*cking burglars. He looked so friendly! :-(

So: the data is gone? Correct?

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
The data management told me that it will help me and improve my life. It came to me and said, "whoa, what a mess. Your place is full of garbage! Let me be your friend and tidy up a little bit. You will be impressed how much space you will have, if once all the unneccessary garbage is gone. For shure you do not need this 2 week old pizza on the floor anymore, do you?". So i trusted him and then i gor robbed. F*cking burglars. He looked so friendly! :-(

So: the data is gone? Correct?
My comment above explains how it works (from my experience)

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. But now, as all the save files are on the usb: i just can install the games with wupinstaller to usb drive and the usb savegame data can be used?
Yes. If you install the game to the device that has the save, the save will work. It would be a good idea to back up the dumped files (.app/.h3/title.*) on a PC this time so you can reinstall them easily if needed in the future.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be good to transfer saves to the USB before you install the games there. this way you won't be bugged with the message that made you delete everything you just installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: