Arch Linux Installation Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Lucar, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Lucar
    OP

Lucar Professional Ferret

Sep 12, 2015
    Canada
    New Donk City
    So, I decided to get off my butt and install Arch Linux, but I seem to have run into a problem.

I got into the main menu, selected to boot Arch, and arch started booting. Soon after, I started getting errors like the following: [ 10.759732] blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 1436248

Messages like this happened 5 times, then arch started to grab hooks.

Then, after mounting /dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_201602 to /run/archiso/bootmnt, it said "Waiting 30 seconds for device /dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_201602..."

It then errored out and threw me into a shell command line. I know the disk burned sucessfully, and the ISO wasn't tampered with, so... Any Ideas?

2. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Seems like your cd has issues.

3. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
  4. Lucar
    OP

Lucar Professional Ferret

Sep 12, 2015
    Canada
    New Donk City
    Ok, so, update: Was able to rig up a way to boot from USB, tried writing the image to a USB, and now I no longer get the I/O errors I was getting, but I still got this message: "Waiting 30 seconds for device /dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_201602..." and I still got thrown out to the command line. Tried 2 different USB, re-downloaded the ISO and re-verified the MD5 hash of it, and I'm still getting this error. :|