Arceus At Toys R Us?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by nonethere, Oct 18, 2009.

Oct 18, 2009

Arceus At Toys R Us? by nonethere at 8:24 AM (1,274 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. nonethere
    OP

Newcomer nonethere Newbie

United States
    Hello, in my search I came across this DS forum and decided to ask others for their input.

So, if anyone hasn't heard, Toys R Us will be distributing Arceus from Nov. 7 to the 15 in the U.S. I currently own an R4 with Pokemon Platinum uploaded to it.

My question is has anyone tried to obtain an item or pokemon from Toys R Us by using some sort of flash card? Do they check? Will I be able to obtain said pokemon should I arrive with my R4? How are these trades usually conducted? Any response is much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. BilliePop

Newcomer BilliePop Advanced Member

United States
    They won't check your DS or anything, if that's what you mean. All you gotta do is be there and have your Mystery Gift ready and bam. It only takes a few seconds and it's done wirelessly. I'm surprised they're still doing this though since Platinum came out Nintendo has been giving out these event Pokemon through wi-fi.

EDIT: I didn't understand the question at first. Sorry! I'm not too sure if it'll work the same with a flash cart or not. x.x I don't see why not though.

3. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Dunno if they will check, but it should work. It's not like they would ask everyone to show their copy of the game. If you don't get the Arceus from there then just use pokesav.

4. nonethere
    OP

Newcomer nonethere Newbie

United States
    Nope, you guys answered my question. I was just wondering if they were going to look at my DS before allowing me to trade. I've never done such trades at Toys R Us so I didn't know what to expect.

Thanks again guys!

5. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    They never check. You just go there, download the Pokémon and go away. Nothing more, nothing less.

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Y'know you can do this all via PokeSav. And not just from creating the Pokemon from scratch, you can enter the codes to activate specific Mystery Gifts. They're identical in every way, shape, and form to getting them via an event. That's what I do.

7. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    the arceus event via nintendo wifi is coming soon too so u just need mystery gift to get arceus that way...its coming in november, so u dont need to go to toysrus...and its finally in north america..currently the shaymen event is goin on i think but the darkrai one is over and soon arceus event will be here

8. Shinryuji

Member Shinryuji GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeah, currently the Shaymin event is going on (which I still have to do). The Arceus event has yet to come, and the Darkrai/Rotom extra forms envents are long gone. You have to use PokéSav to get them, as you do to get Deoxys.

9. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Yup yup. Just getting an Arceus from Toys R Us is a waste of time. Use the Pokemon Platinum Cheats (The Pokemon Modifier) [​IMG] You can get all the Pokemon that way. (The # of Tossed Master Balls One) [​IMG]