Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well anyone bought this game ?

I am one of the few idiotic Gothic fans who got part 1 - now 4 original.

1 and 2 were the best games I ever played but than the developers thaught "we need ppl in America to buy our game ... ok lets make it good grafik and shit gameplay that should do the job!"
part 3 sucked bad everywhere as far as I know and EVERY single fan was more than disapointed.

now even thaught i did swear to NEVER again pay money for a Gothic game i still got hyped and preordered it last year oO

Well I instert game choose German installation .... installer does not react anymore oO
ok waiting half an hour fixed the problem -.-V
finished installation pressed the exe and say what ? game doesn't work ...
*searching trough varios threads of annoyed gamer*
ok game wants me to change my sound setting to worst possible in Win7 ...

Now i could start the game made by a German company installed under "German" having everything in english -.-V (well i understand english still sucks bad for a Multi5 game to not allow me to play it in the language i choose)
I played a while and its ok but still way worse than part 1 and 2.

And for what I know in America hardly anyone noticed G3 and I wouldn't be surprised if it would be the same with G4.
They ruined both games because they somehow have the opinion american players are all retarded and now they don't really sell that good.

__

Anyways ? anyone happy with the game or something like this ?

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the problem with 3 was the gameplay, story seemed weak to me and some other people, amount of bugs and voice acting. Also making a expansion pack which fixed some bugs but not the more problematic ones.

You didn't have to buy Arcania: Gothic 4 they had a demo so you could try it before you buy it but I think I'll avoid this one like the Forsaken Gods expansion pack.'

I think I'll try the demo and might buy it then.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I won't buy it due to the restrictive DRM they're using which is sad really cause I was actually interested in buying the game.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well now after playing a little bit longer I have to say its definietly better than 3 but there is still so much wrong with the game -.-V

its VERY linear, you can hardly move free (you could move wherever you want in part 1 already) there are everywhere invisible walls and others obstacles.
the voice acting in english and german (finaly got it to german changing my PC settings from Jap to German) sucks extremely bad.

not to long ago I played Gothic 2 again and seeing the difference in the difficulty is extreme ... I play G4 in normal mode and the opponents hardly do me any dmg at all XD
well this is at least for me a "good" thing, most gothic fans want some challenge but i want "easy" fights and much story.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played the demo and opted to pirate it. Taking forever though. I didn't mind the demo, but holy lack of content batman...there were barely any skills.

Exactly how much better is #2? because i've played Gothic 3, and uninstalled it after about half an hour of boredom.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol if you are not a grafic whore (even thaught i still like the grafiks of 1 and 2 which are the same) the game is on a whole different level than 3 !!!

I played G1 and 2 like 10 times because they were so great but I never got to complete 3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc