Arcade emus for the PSP-1001

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Devil May Cry, Jan 12, 2010.

Jan 12, 2010
  1. Devil May Cry
    OP

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've been looking into getting a MAME/CPS1/CPS2/NGA emu, but all the videos and DL links show it being for the PSP-2000 since it has double the RAM. I was wondering how these run on the 1001 though. Is the extra RAM totally required for play (AKA will it run like Daedalus)?

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I'm guessing no it won't run on a phat. I just looked on PSH and it says Slim only..
    Keep in mind the N64 emulator doesn't need the extra ram, its made for Phat's and Slim's.
    While the emulators your looking for has been made for Slim only.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    CPS1, CPS2 and NeoGeo run pretty much fine on the PSP 1000 and they're great emulators, although you'll be using cached ROM's. Mame is rubbish on both 32 and 64Mb's of RAM though so don't bother on the PSP. Get yourself an Xbox and softmod it for all your MAME needs.

4. Devil May Cry
    OP

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hah, I've been trying to get one too. Just one more reason to I guess. I don't mind cached ROMs, I thought that was a problem only for newer PSPs anyways. Also, would you happen to know which emu Marvel vs Capcom 2 falls under? I don't think the PSP can emulate it (never heard it can), but if so, I think I'm set gaming wise for awhile.

5. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    MVC2 is NAOMI... so far as I know, there's no such thing as a NAOMI emulator for anything, even PC (though don't quote me on it). Ha, I used to joke that the Dreamcast WAS a NAOMI emulator, but what do I know.

6. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    There is a Naomi emulator of PC. Apparently Marvel Vs Capcom 2 runs full speed on it. From what i've been reading.

Going to check it out as soon as i can get the TE stick for the 360. Then i'll use it for PC too [​IMG]

UPDATE:
    Yea, there are two versions of NullDC. One for Dreamcast emulation, one for Naomi.

Hmm... i'm gonna start looking for this now [​IMG]

7. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    That's good news, I just checked and found I can run it on Ubuntu, so I'm all good. I was actually using NullDC quite a bit before my computer crashed (my real Dreamcast has not been cooperating lately).

8. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Hmm. On the NullDC site, apparently they're working on NullDC for PSP slim. (it's labeled TBA, but still, its on their list.)

Very interesting.

Imagine that. Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on PSP. *drool* (hey, i can dream! [​IMG])

9. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    You forgot something.. The latest version of Makaron and Demul can run Marvel Vs Capcom coin op too.