Aqua Teen Hunger Force Hoax

Heito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend just told me to turn on the news, and much to my surprise I see Err the mooninite from Aqua Teen Huger Force flipping me off. Apparently Cartoon Network had some sort of advertising campaign using them and someone spotted an ad and called it in thinking it was a bomb.

Theres a full story Here and also a video link on the same page. The guy on the video sounds so perplexed at what a mooninite is.
biggrin.gif

It'll be interesting to see how this ends.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tend to watch FOX and Friends in the morning, mostly because I think that it's good for me to start my day by getting really pissed off. It's like my coffee.

Not only were they completely obsessed with this story, but they couldn't seem to understand how it was the people calling these things in to the police as bombs that were the idiots. They kept cutting to a shot of the closed courthouse doors before I went to work and they would say things like "Behind these doors, the supposed 'artists' are having their fate decided for them. All this as the result of a botched publicity stunt."

Botched? I don't think so. All this is generating much much more publicity than it would have otherwise. Now everybody has heard of the Mooninites and when the movie comes out, they'll at least be a little bit interested. "Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Didn't they try to blow up Boston the other month?"

I also saw some kid on Ebay trying to sell one that he managed to grab. I can't check ebay while at work, but last I saw, the auction was up to over 3000 dollars.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love Aqua Teen dunno if its on over here (I usually use torrents) but it was on the news here this morning, so that's got awareness of the show for over here.

* Waits for the film *

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
This case is beyond riduculous. It's only high-tech graffiti, it's obvious the creators had no malicious intent and people mistaking them for bombs is one huge mistake they couldn'tve forseen. So if these guys get anything more than a small fine then I fear for the state of the world.

As for the original plan, pure genius
smile.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
From what I can deduce, they'll probably get a fine for posting adverts illegally and the cost of sending in the "bomb squad". but to even consider charging Cartoon Network even CLOSE to terrorists is unheard of...

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i fell off my chair laughing when I heard this.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!

I WAS WATCHING YOU!!

Good job on reaching your 100 posts, now you are free to join the trading forum and start selling your stuff, and hopefully will stop posting useless comments on every topic you see
wink.gif

Godd luck on your businesses !

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read this in the paper, and loled. I mean, WTF were the police thinking? OMGZ LOL SUM1 PUTZ TEH BOMBZ WERE EVRY1CAN C DEM!
No. If you were planting bombs you would hide them. The popo are dip ****s.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
They would much rather have a grey, dull world than one were people can express themselves artistically.. cunts.
Mmm, and they can keep it. I rather like my doodle filled world thanks.

Admittedly you can understand why they'd be suspicious at first, call out the bomb squads and so on. But after realising what was going on it's ridiculous to drag this out any further. Yet another case of the American media dramatising events, blowing everything out of proportion to make on-the-edge entertainment and thus dragging everyone into making a big deal of something small. Thank you newscasters, you all fucking suck.

(Sorry I'm in brutal honesty mode today. I've already ranted about MySpace, what's next?!
hate2.gif
)

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
guerilla marketing at it's finest. how uptight is boston to shut down the city for this?! i hear there were 9+ other cities with litebrites too, but then didn't grind to a halt. i am sure there will be some bullshit $1000000 fines but they just got $100000000 worth of advertising in 1 day. ther is an aqua teen movie coming?

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
His name is spelled E-R-R... He is a sidekick, rebellious and angry... LOL those newcasters are so retarded. Making such a big deal over this. I could have sworn they said something about a cult. Go Aqua Teens! Wonder how many hits Adult Swim got today because of this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later